Clear All

Well ok...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	01D636E0-9DF4-4245-9B3D-83775638317D.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	24688347

Alrighty, got it mounted. Had to add a couple stiffeners to it.
      Tomorrow, I plan on to fab up the motor mount and get the motor on.

Comment

Follow-n.

Comment

You've made some great progress.

Comment

That's a smart man's working height right there.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
              That's a smart man's working height right there.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
              When I started planning this project, I wanted it right about waist high or just below, for me. It’s turning out just right!!!

Comment

Name:	6EC39CAB-8B5C-48F2-9B09-B33F9D8D96FD.jpeg
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	24688419

Finally got the motor mounted. Somehow I missed on my calculations on the height. You’ll have that every now and then on those big jobs!!!
                This is probably all I’m going to do for a while. Thought I would find the hydraulic pump in Bryan but so far, no dice. Guess I’m gonna have to order one.
                So, till I get that and the hoses, I’m going to hold off putting the reservoir on.

Comment

Name:	EB07111E-FD8F-4D36-8EA4-B7C3913D8DAC.jpeg
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	24688681

So while I’m waiting on my pump and some other parts to come in, I decided to fab up some fenders since the deer lease is usually muddy most of the time. We get a lot of trees that get uprooted or big limbs break off that makes good firewood and without fenders, I would end up covering the motor up in that gumbo clay mud.
                  Then I went ahead and built a rack to hold my hydraulic reservoir which is a old 5 gallon propane tank.
                  Only thing left to build is the log lifter. I won’t be able to do that till I get everything running. I have to be able to run the ram out and see where exactly I need to mount it and how I’m going to mount it.

Comment

What a cool project! Let me know when you are not using it so I can come borrow it!

Comment

I like it. A few changes I would’ve done was have it split away from the 4 wheeler and built it where you could pull a pin and tilt it so it splits towards the ground for heavier logs. Saves your back not having to pick them up on the splitter.

Comment

Originally posted by ryno77 View Post
                        I like it. A few changes I would’ve done was have it split away from the 4 wheeler and built it where you could pull a pin and tilt it so it splits towards the ground for heavier logs. Saves your back not having to pick them up on the splitter.
                        I think that's why he's going to add a log lifter on there. Now he doesn't have to pick up the log and he doesn't have to bend over to pick up the splits on the ground.

Great project!

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                          I think that's why he's going to add a log lifter on there. Now he doesn't have to pick up the log and he doesn't have to bend over to pick up the splits on the ground.

Great project!
                          Sorry I didn’t see that part

Comment

Originally posted by ryno77 View Post
                            Sorry I didn’t see that part
                            As far as the 4 wheeler, it won’t stay hooked up while I split wood. I will use the 4 wheeler to just move it around.

Comment

Name:	EE2A9685-D3D8-40A4-871E-EBDF14598BE8.jpeg
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	24689372

Finally!!!!
                              Had some problems finding the right fittings that I needed along with some rain setting me back, I got her done minus the log lifter. Gonna have to do some Jethro Bodine ciphering on that!!!

Comment

Name:	DA2694A2-C9A1-41F5-94C9-DE6FAB838A5C.jpeg
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	24689381

And this is my first log split
                                I split 2 already and everything is working like it should. No hydraulic leaks. Haven’t put a real big log on yet but don’t think it will be a problem. The 2 I split wasn’t small by any means and went thru it like melted butter!!!
                                Looks like I might have some firewood for sale coming up soon.
                                And it’ll be cheap!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X