How many folks are still looking for lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many folks are still looking for lease

Please chime in if you are looking. I'll do a separate post if I actually commit and need to fill.

I'm asking as I have found a lease, a bit more pricey than I'd like but appears to be a good lease. Part of our group is more talk than action so if we get to the 9 or 10 is questionable. I have to provide an answer soon, the risk will be if we don't fill, then I'm stuck with a bill for the open spots. Very particular on who as I'm tired of lease drama.

Details
    • 1890 acres
    • $3800 for 10
    • $4200 if 9
    • 10 mature bucks
    • 20 does
    • Culls as agreed with Land Owner (Don’t believe will be issue)
    • July 1 to July 1 – Year Round
    • Family Lease
    • Outside family guests need Land Owners Permission
    • Electricity extra and likely needs to be changed to our name
    • Water is supplied from a Tank/Pond
    • No Current Night Hunting
    • Hogs are on lease – saw 2
    • 2 bunk type houses
    • 10 spots set up for rifle

THE GOOD
    • Beautiful Land - Saw Deer
    • Some Feeders and Stand in Place
    o Some work should be expected for these
    • Really Good Deer
    • Adjacent land feeds corn and protein year round
    • Low Hunting Pressure on adjacent land
    • Land Owner seems to be a really good guy
    • Will be dealing with Land Owner after this year
    • Rifle Hunters – Established areas, feeders and stands

THE BAD
    • Camp needs a lot of work
    o Trash, Needs Clean up
    o Cabins need good cleaning & pest control
    o Needs new A/C units
    o And possible electrical work
    o Not sure of Heater but assume we need some of those oil type.
    • Space and power (200 Amps) for Campers is limited
    o 200 Amps available at Camp
    o Assume each cabin uses 50 (maybe more)
    o Electric Upgrade should be considered depending on # Trailers
    o Need new electric lines run
    • Some Feeders and Stands need work
    • Wasp Patrol

The 2 bunk type houses, one set up for a cook/eat shack and the other a bunk house. Should be lot's of spots for bow either as part of the rifle setups or separate.
    Attached Files

Where?

Comment

I have hunted with dfkoon on a different lease, good guy and straight shooter. I would be in but putting all my time in Kansas.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Where?
        Callahan county

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
          I have hunted with dfkoon on a different lease, good guy and straight shooter. I would be in but putting all my time in Kansas.
          Thanks Smiddy. You're the type I'd be looking for too.

Comment

Bump for the OP...I am familiar with this area and the genetics are solid.

Good luck, and hope you can work through the BS lease drama.

Comment

Our lease is only a few miles from this one as a crow flies. There are some good deer in this area. Good luck filling all of the spots.

Comment

Is it possible to sign for more than one year? Sounds like there’s lots of work to be done. Folks would be more likely to put in the hard work getting camp and cabins fixed up if they had an agreement beyond next July. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Is it possible to sign for more than one year? Sounds like there’s lots of work to be done. Folks would be more likely to put in the hard work getting camp and cabins fixed up if they had an agreement beyond next July. Just a thought.
                  Yes, I might not have stated, but this is last year with a broker. Deal with land owner from then. We got along very well. The expectation on both sides is that it will carry on for many years. It's kinda a trial to see if the group we put together and the land owner mesh. With the right group I see no reason it won't.

Comment

I took the lease. Thanks for the replies and PMs. It helped. There are also 2 from the previous lease that would like to stay on. We'll talk with them too. As soon as I figure out the number I need I'll open up a thread in the classifieds. Guess I'll be keeping my canam and trailer for it after all. This will be my 4th lease in this area.

Looking to close this thread and I don't see how. I know I've done it in the past. Is that just a classified thing?

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                      I took the lease. Thanks for the replies and PMs. It helped. There are also 2 from the previous lease that would like to stay on. We'll talk with them too. As soon as I figure out the number I need I'll open up a thread in the classifieds. Guess I'll be keeping my canam and trailer for it after all. This will be my 4th lease in this area.

Looking to close this thread and I don't see how. I know I've done it in the past. Is that just a classified thing?
                      Just classifieds.

Good luck on the new lease

Comment

Working...
                      X