X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drive mine because I don't want to put the miles on my classic F150

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

All I have are diesel. VW turbo Passat, Ford F-250.

Comment

I drive an Ecodiesel, we just got my wife a 2020 Expedition Max. We use it more than my Eco simply to keep the miles down, I’m at 85000. It’s paid for and I intend on keeping it for a long time. The fuel prices haven’t bothered me much since I get 21 mpg in town and from home to work a tank of fuel will last me 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most gasoline truck engine owners, probably 2/3rds don’t realize they dont need one and could do just fine with a sedan or compact car.

Comment

I bought a 1999 Camry with low miles and gets 35 miles a gallon to drive back and forth to work and make trips to town. Truck is paid for and I want it to last a while. Don't drive it unless I'm hauling cows or going to get feed.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBay3405 View Post
              I knew it was expensive when I bought it. I also knew that there was a chance diesel prices could go up. Diesel has pretty much doubled in price, I drive mine about 2000 miles a month. I figure I burn about 120 gallons a month at 5 bucks a gallon thats 600 bucks a month. I was paying 300, If I cant figure out a way to afford an extra 300 a month, then I guess I should not have bought the 65000 thousand dollar truck back in 2015. I dont like it but, I am not going to trade it in on a smart car either.

My SD is gas 7.3. I don’t drive nearly that much, but I often wonder the same thing. Just like Jay mentions, The extra $$ spent per month on fuel sucks, but it’s really not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. It surprises me how some can’t budget an extra $50-$100+/mnth on fuel but still have plenty left over for other things …

Comment

That all depends on what your other options are. My other option is a 2004 Jeep LJ. When you do the math on it it’s still cheaper to drive the Diesel truck. Wife’s Gladiator has the eco diesel in it. It cost way less to drive then the LJ. It gets around 27 mpg.

Actually just did the math again since the lates prices. It cost me .02 cents more a mile to drive the truck rather then the Jeep LJ.

Comment

Just recently parked my Dually and bought a ford ranger. Has reduced my fuel bill by 500 a month. I drive a lot.

Comment

I don’t have a diesel anymore but if I’m driving more than 25 miles to a customer site I hop in the 2011 Kia Optima and hammer down. 30mpg is much better than 14mpg. Driving from Fort Worth to tyler and Durant 1x each week adds up quickly. Would cost me about $115 each trip in the truck, the car it’s about $40. We already owned the car.

Comment

With higher diesel fuel prices comes an increase in mailbox money. I'll keep driving my diesels. Higher oil prices aren't always bad for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        With higher diesel fuel prices comes an increase in mailbox money. I'll keep driving my diesels. Higher oil prices aren't always bad for everybody.
                        LOL. That's the way to go. Good on you.

Like said above, if $2-300 more per month breaks you, you ain't doing so good.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post

When your burning around 400-500 gallons a day fuel prices make a difference! But like I said it's how we make a living so is what it is.....not everyone's got m16s mailbox money!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post

I don’t think it’s a matter of “breaking” people but more of a feasibility issue. At what point is it no longer feasible to drive your one ton diesel guzzler 60 miles downtown to the office five days a week!

Comment

Just filled up for $5.29/ gal. Ouch! I’m cutting down on my trips to DQ for Ice Cream for sure!

Comment

I bought a 22’ 2500. It’s my first diesel, bad time to jump into it. I only got it to pull trailers. I have a gas work truck I drive every day.

Comment

Working...
                                X