Time to restock the fly box…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to restock the fly box…

I don’t fly fish nearly as much as I would like, but I love sitting down at the vise and turning out some flies. I know there are others on here that enjoy it as well, so feel free to contribute!

So far I’ve been working mostly on nymphs, midges, and Perdigons as droppers. Once I finish these things I’ll transition over to some more dries, mostly hoppers and stimulators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work! I haven't tied flies in decades, used to do all my own way back when, also did quite a bit of fly fishing with my younger brother, haven't done that in ages as well. Great times and great memories.

Comment

Those look great. What are you sealing backs and beads with? I used to tie a lot of when I lived in the mountains and got to fish all the time.

Comment

Those are beautiful, nice , very nice

Comment

Great work!!! Been about 15 years since I’ve sat down at a vice, but mine didn’t look that good[emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
            Those look great. What are you sealing backs and beads with? I used to tie a lot of when I lived in the mountains and got to fish all the time.

UV Glue for sealing the backs/beads

Comment

They look good!

Comment

My kid ties some. Mostly saltwater streamers and an occasional crappie jig. He's been chasing reds in the flats of Florida after class with his

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  My kid ties some. Mostly saltwater streamers and an occasional crappie jig. He's been chasing reds in the flats of Florida after class with his

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Awesome! I’ve got a fly fishing trip for Reds scheduled in June.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                    Awesome! I’ve got a fly fishing trip for Reds scheduled in June.

Hes got a 15' gheeno skiff over there and a frat brother has a carolina skiff they can venture into a little more open water. The gheeno is coming back with him for the summer for some trailer work and maybe paint. Im sure he will drag it down to the coast a time or two while hes here.

Comment

WOW! I tried years ago and no matter what I did all my flies looked the same.

What do you do to get them so smooth looking. They look like they were dipped in epoxy.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                        WOW! I tried years ago and no matter what I did all my flies looked the same.

What do you do to get them so smooth looking. They look like they were dipped in epoxy.

It’s just UV glue, apply it thin and hit with UV light to cure.

Comment

Those look great. UV glue is really handy to use.

Comment

If there are enough fly tiers on TBH, you should start a fly swap

Comment

Looks good. Just picked up some hackle to make some clouse minnows.

Comment

Working...
                              X