Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Polaris Sportsman left me stranded, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Polaris Sportsman left me stranded, again.

I have a 2015 Polaris Sportsman 570EPS.

On the 4th ride for today the ATV started losing power, sounded bogged down and stalled. It will start up again but quickly stall. Putting it in neutral I can give it gas, it revs hesitantly, slows down, backfires and stalls.
    Putting it in gear theres not enough power to engage the belt.

I was stranded a couple years ago and it was determined that the fuel pump failed.

It would not start unlike today.

It's been in a box trailer for 30 days since.my last visit. Fuel tank was 3/4 full.

Lucky it didn't die in an irretrievable location. We are heading back out there to tow it back to camp in a few. I'll post a video of it later this evening for a better description of the symptoms.

I should have bought a Honda in the first place.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Cant go wrong with a Honda
    Sorry about the troubles

Comment

Start it up, remove the radiator cap, and drive a new Honda or Kawasaki under it. Re-install the radiator cap. Good to go!!

Comment

Sounds like it may be starving for fuel. May need another fuel pump and or filter. I had a fuel pump go out on my 2001, replaced with an aftermarket pump. Always used fuel stabilizer and marvel mystery oil in fuel after that. The marvel oil will make a BIG difference in operation and engine noise.

Comment

Check the plug

Comment

Sounds like it could be the throttle position sensor. Try stomping the throttle pedal a few times. Might also disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and let everything reset. Thats all I've got. Had it happen about 2 months ago on a 900 ranger.

Comment

The heat in the container got the fuel pump. I don’t do Polaris but a friend of mine does. He quit storing them in a container. Used to replace fuel pumps on them at least once a year.

Comment

619 miles, 91 hours, 1/2 hour left on the PM reminder.

I'll be sure to warn everyone to avoid this POS when I list it on Craigslist.

We returned to it, it would barely start, would not stay running.

On the bright, this did not ruin my dove hunt because there are zero dove out here. Northern Baird.

I'll post a video soon. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Bad fuel or water in fuel will do the same.

Comment

Here's a video of the symptoms.

We treat our fuel with Stabil and rotate it out.

If it was bad fuel, wouldn't my first ride suffer?

Comment

I have a 2015 Sportsman and I’m on my second fuel pump as well. Exactly same symptoms as in your video.

Comment

Starving for fuel. That sucks. Sorry bud.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Air vent to the fuel tank blocked or clogged? I had this happen to me once and about drive myself nuts before I figured that out. It was an absolutely free fox that took about 1.5 seconds to fix when I finally realized what it was. Started right up and ran like a top as it always had before.

Comment

I've had 4 different Polaris'.2 sxs,and 2 four wheeler's.Had a fuel pump go out on one,and no trouble outta the other's.
                            I'm probably in the minority here,but you couldn't give me anything with a Honda engine on it.Bought a brand new dual tank air compressor that ran like **** from day one.Brand new commercial mower,same thing..Guess I could've just got lemon's.
                            Good luck bird hunting!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have owned 2 Polaris ATV's. It was a 800 Sportsman. First one and last one together. I would rather have a 21 speed mountain bike as anything Polaris.

Comment

Working...
                              X