Work Commute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
    Just recently moved, I was 35 miles with stop and go 45 minute commute to work and 60 minutes home and now I am all highway 60 miles taking about 50 minutes to and 1:15 home.

I can now shoot my bow in the backyard, legally, watch deer from the house in the evening, take a ride on the atv, or pee anywhere I want to, every day of the week. An absolute dream. The drive is a great time to unwind with podcast, catch up on news, talk to friends or family, or just listen to music. When I get home I have no need to touch the phone or tv, all family and outdoors.
    I see you are in Palmer? I am considering the move from there to Mildred.

Thanks for all the opinions on this. Sounds like I should be fine with my commute. The future is to start another ac business down that way as well.

Comment

Puddin', you shouldn't be too worried about traffic during your commute since you sleep til 10 every day abd get off at 2....

Comment

Currently my commute is a 1 minute walk from my bedroom to my office but for about 20 years I had an hour drive if I hit no traffic issues. It did get old but it also had the advantage of giving my time to unwind before I got home. I was working a high stress position at the time and the wind down period was important. I would hate to have to do it again but I could if needed. You just have to get use to it.

-john

Comment

52 miles each way just over an hour. I parked my truck and bought a commuter car 3 years ago. Put 74K miles on that thing already, 40MPG, I love it hahaha

I listen to podcasts and just enjoy some me time. Worth it to me

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
            Yea guess I should have specified. My office is in Mesquite and we are looking at moving to Mildred down by Richland Chambers lake. I live in Palmer now. The drive times depend on gas station stops or traffic in Mesquite. I am leaning toward moving but just never been that far away from friends and family (all in palmer area) but guess we could make new friends and family ha.
            I lived in Mildred for 8 years. We lived at Fowlers Point. Home base is Corsicana now. The longest part of that drive depends on where your lake house is? If its all the way down by the bridge, that will be the slowest part of the trip. I 45 is 3 lanes all the way from 287 to I 20 and 635 to Mesquite isn't to bad. All depends on the day, the time and accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              I lived in Mildred for 8 years. We lived at Fowlers Point. Home base is Corsicana now. The longest part of that drive depends on where your lake house is? If its all the way down by the bridge, that will be the slowest part of the trip. I 45 is 3 lanes all the way from 287 to I 20 and 635 to Mesquite isn't to bad. All depends on the day, the time and accidents.
              Not sure we will live on the lake. Likley will look for land closer to the town of Mildred. Just being closer to the lake is what I look forward to. 10 minutes. And on nice weather days I can come home from work and fish.

How you like Mildred?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Puddin', you shouldn't be too worried about traffic during your commute since you sleep til 10 every day abd get off at 2....
                I wouldnt get up that early if it wasnt for my boss making me go eat lunch with him everyday

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                  Not sure we will live on the lake. Likley will look for land closer to the town of Mildred. Just being closer to the lake is what I look forward to. 10 minutes. And on nice weather days I can come home from work and fish.

How you like Mildred?
                  We have been gone for 15 years now. Just moved back to The Can last year. Mildred was good to us. Lots of good folks there when we were there. Not really a town, just a school and a church on the highway. The Mildred ISD is everything inside the V of the lake to I-45 which is a pretty big area. Real Estate is really expensive on the water as usual.

Comment

My commute is 40-45 mins. For a while there, I thought I might like to go farther out. I let that thought simmer for a while. After some time, I've decided I'm commuting about as far as I care to. The drive isn't bad for me now, but I dont think I'd like it to be 15 minutes longer. Although, if the perfect deal came up for the perfect place, I wouldn't be opposed. That having been said, we just bought what is planned to be our "forever home" in the same neighborhood which we've already lived in for the last 5.5 years.

Comment

Hour each way.
                      The drive home is the best..the farther i drive away... the happier i tend to get.

Comment

My office is in Mesquite. Before we moved from Fort Worth it was about an hour and 15min to get there. Now in coppell is about 40min to loop around 635 and exit Gross. I don’t mind traffic, I drive about 40k mi a year anyways. We moved to be closer to my wife’s work because she hated her commute of 1 1/2hr without traffic each way.

Just depends what’s more important to you. Less time in the car or a more quiet home life with the lake closer

Comment

Working...
                        X