No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bat will not make the ballplayer!! If your worrying so much about a bat for a 8-13 year old, your worrying about the wrong things

Comment

Anybody have kids that have dealt with little league shoulder? This is our 3rd bout with it and it’s really killing my son to not be able to play baseball. Basically his growth plate is separated from his shoulder. Each time he’s rested 6 weeks with no throwing and it’s gotten better. This last go round he was tested for vitamin d deficiency and thyroid problems. All that came back fine and drs are lost as to why it keeps happening. We work in mechanics and arm strength constantly. Just curious if anyone else’s kids have had re occurring shoulder problems at that age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Go to Dicks and try them out in the cage

Comment

We have a very strict warmup regimine/ritual with tan since he hurt his elbow.
          Its emphasis isnt on strength
          its on proper technique and mechanics.. which has ended up with a side effect of more strength.
          Its pretty simple .. not hard throws.
          25 throws @ 10
          25 @15yd
          15 @ 20
          15 @ 30
          10 @ 40
          5 - 10 @ long (usually pop fly depth)
          Then "cool down" throws as he walks back in.
          Again..emphasis is on the mechanics..arm position and watching the ball spin on each throw..and correcting as needed.

Depending on the practice drills sceduled we may practice his throw downs to 2nd and 3rd after a break.

He does the routine before every practice and game.

Its helped.
          Doc said mechanics is the biggest reason for injury..throwing wrong.. with overuse being a factor but not necessarily the primary reason
          IE: overuse is usually identified as throwing incorrectly too many times with not enough rest and/or recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
            Well I won’t get into a debate about what BBCore is hot or not, but I will just say he swings it very well.
            My comment was a compliment to your son, if the ball is popping off any BBCOR bat with authority he is swinging it well

Comment

I had to get my kid a new glove. I just looked over bats. Crazy how expensive they are. Wood bats are $175 and even more. Lot of $ in baseball gear out at these tournaments

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                I had to get my kid a new glove. I just looked over bats. Crazy how expensive they are. Wood bats are $175 and even more. Lot of $ in baseball gear out at these tournaments

Makes me nervous as a cat if my son wanders off between games with his Nocona glove his grandpa bought him, or the LE A2000 another good friend gave him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dale I figure a glove is one thing. Kids walk off and leave their bag laying there. Multiple bats, usually 2 gloves, crazy that most of those bags are at least $1500

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Dale I figure a glove is one thing. Kids walk off and leave their bag laying there. Multiple bats, usually 2 gloves, crazy that most of those bags are at least $1500
                    I budget his bats as much as i can.. through people helping with discounts they get or through the orgs deal with the manufacturers ..they really arent that bad..and if he doesnt break them..can get some $$ back off them...
                    i dont cheap out on his catcher gear.. and his gloves arent the high end but land somewhere in middle (he has one fielding (mizuno) and three catchers gloves..*one hes used for two years.. old reliable (mizuno). and two new..a rawlings and an allstar , both have different characteristics we wanted to see which fit him better.. all three have their own hard case they are stored in)

His catchers bag is a boomba with team logo and his number embroidered .. it was a hundred bucks through the org.

All that said.. i have seen the 9 and 10s with 3 top end bats...custom 44's and a2000s they toss into a backpack batbag..
                    Can get crazy.. but ill spend my money how i want.. how some else spends theirs is none of my business.

https://www.catching-101.com/tank/
                    Last edited by systemnt; 08-23-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      I budget his bats as much as i can.. through people helping with discounts they get or through the orgs deal with the manufacturers ..they really arent that bad..and if he doesnt break them..can get some $$ back off them...
                      i dont cheap out on his catcher gear.. and his gloves arent the high end but land somewhere in middle (he has one fielding (mizuno) and three catchers gloves..*one hes used for two years.. old reliable (mizuno). and two new..a rawlings and an allstar , both have different characteristics we wanted to see which fit him better.. all three have their own hard case they are stored in)

His catchers bag is a boomba with team logo and his number embroidered .. it was a hundred bucks through the org.

All that said.. i have seen the 9 and 10s with 3 top end bats...custom 45's and a2000s they toss into a backpack batbag..
                      Can get crazy.. but ill spend my money how i want.. how some else spends theirs is none of my business.

https://www.catching-101.com/tank/
                      Nice little case for his mitts! I got my boys the webgem glove forms for their mitts and gloves and I think they are money well spent!

Comment

I dig that... never heard of it before

Comment

I always figured a bat is a bat, gloves are personal. A glove is “your” glove...if it’s a Nokona it’s “YOUR Nokona” glove (if grandpa bought it it’s even different) if you’ve never been to the Nokona factory and had them set you up, you won’t get it.

The other one is a gift I will never forget, and I may never get it broke in.[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            I always figured a bat is a bat, gloves are personal. A glove is “your” glove...if it’s a Nokona it’s “YOUR Nokona” glove (if grandpa bought it it’s even different) if you’ve never been to the Nokona factory and had them set you up, you won’t get it.

The other one is a gift I will never forget, and I may never get it broke in.[emoji23]

Exactly! Taught my boys about taking care of their equipment at a very young age and they are very good about it. They also now understand how much better a glove works when it has a good shape and how much longer it lasts as a result. Tons of kids get a new high end glove every spring because they neglect them....nonsense!

Comment

2019 Select Baseball

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                              Exactly! Taught my boys about taking care of their equipment at a very young age and they are very good about it. They also now understand how much better a glove works when it has a good shape and how much longer it lasts as a result. Tons of kids get a new high end glove every spring because they neglect them....nonsense!

I never owned a “good” glove, and never knew the difference, but I can appreciate one. But my son has been lucky twice, and I intend that he owns them both for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I never owned a “good” glove, and never knew the difference, but I can appreciate one. But my son has been lucky twice, and I intend that he owns them both for a long time.

Sweet glove! I've never seen one with a Texas flag on it!

Comment

Working...
                                X