Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FART XVIII...A Look Back At A Good One....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FART XVIII...A Look Back At A Good One....

This years trip was a little different than those of years passed, I hope you’ll forgive us.

Circumstances (that will not be discussed here) dictated that a change in format was inevitable, so in order to give back to the ranch/family, tags had to be sold (prices won’t be discussed here either). Ben did not want to just sell tags and let strangers on the ranch, so I was lucky enough to get another invite to guide and help out, I really appreciate every chance. There is nothing like being on that ranch.

ALL due respect to previous FART participants, we were fortunate to get another great group of TBH guys this year. The state of New Mexico also made changes and moved all of the seasons to August this year. If none of you have noticed, none of us are getting younger, and we are also not getting any more likely to sleep in tents in August on the high desert....so you will note a camp scene change as well.

Changes be ****ed, the show went on...

I’m gonna leave most of this to the other guys, and I will throw in what pics I have.

It’s worth noting that Steven’s MANY skills were sorely missed (none more than his artistic talents), Heath’s breakfast and all around vibe was missed, and every past participant was missed in some way. You were all spoken of, and celebrated fondly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dale Moser; 08-23-2019, 08:16 PM.

Let the stories and pictures roll. A piece of History right here

Comment

Always a great thread no matter how it goes down! Can't wait to see the pics!

Comment

Let the lope stories begin!

Comment

I will say that’s new ranch record was set...

Comment

Awesome

Comment

It’s a special place and I’m **** proud to put footprints on the ranch and have a lope on my wall to show. I’m sure you guys had a blast.

Comment

Camping on a different part of the ranch took me through some country I wanted to see for a while.

Comment

Ahhh a new FART! Will it be broccoli, Chinese take out, or black bean soup. Im in to find out.

Comment

Ever since seeing the pics, and reading about the first few FARTS, I’ve been dying to check out this country.
                    When I got the call months ago, I quickly jumped at the opportunity.
                    Had no idea how magical this property was until I saw it live. Snakes, rocks, old houses, critters, duck noises, beer, fireball, whiskey, ghost noises, etc.. Loved all of it.
                    Never was much of a goat hunter, but now can appreciate the effort. Drive, glass, drive, glass, drive , glass.. Kinda boring, but exciting at the same time. Never know what’s over the next ridge, or behind the next cactus.
                    Was lucky enough to have Zach & Dale as my guide/chauffeur. They aren’t as picky as Ben. Lol. On the morning of day two, we snuck up on a nice goat at 800 yards. Were able to close the distance to 350, and set up for a shot. Goat started walking left to right, and I sent lead. He hit the dirt at 370. As we got closer, he decided to get back up, so I put another one in him. Goats are tough!
                    Can’t thank the guys enough for the awesome trip. Won’t forget it!
                    Here are a few pics. Most have been seen before, but these are newer!

Comment

Always enjoyed this annual thread, congrats to all that were successful!

Comment

Darn nice goat Matthew! Congrats man!
                        Nice pics too.

Comment

Awesome goat Matthew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

More than once I wished we had a big camera, and the talent to run it...

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                              Ever since seeing the pics, and reading about the first few FARTS, I’ve been dying to check out this country.
                              When I got the call months ago, I quickly jumped at the opportunity.
                              Had no idea how magical this property was until I saw it live. Snakes, rocks, old houses, critters, duck noises, beer, fireball, whiskey, ghost noises, etc.. Loved all of it.
                              Never was much of a goat hunter, but now can appreciate the effort. Drive, glass, drive, glass, drive , glass.. Kinda boring, but exciting at the same time. Never know what’s over the next ridge, or behind the next cactus.
                              Was lucky enough to have Zach & Dale as my guide/chauffeur. They aren’t as picky as Ben. Lol. On the morning of day two, we snuck up on a nice goat at 800 yards. Were able to close the distance to 350, and set up for a shot. Goat started walking left to right, and I sent lead. He hit the dirt at 370. As we got closer, he decided to get back up, so I put another one in him. Goats are tough!
                              Can’t thank the guys enough for the awesome trip. Won’t forget it!
                              Here are a few pics. Most have been seen before, but these are newer!

Magical seems like it describes it well. Love that country out there. Congrats on the antelope.

Comment

Working...
                              X