No announcement yet.

Am I a nut for being ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pretty much stay ready....it only takes 15 or 20 min to throw some clothes in a bag and get bow or gun out of closet, and grab my pack that has bino,etc in it

Comment

Need to add another stand still. Learned the deers natural travel pattern the hard wal last season

Comment

I was able to use that awesome week of weather during July to get out and sit in the new tree stand location.

Man, I had all sorts of stuff messed up in my “go bag”. Dead batteries everywhere, broken scent spray bottle, dull knives.

I realized I am way behind this year and have a lot to do. Been trying to get caught up since.

J

Comment

My feeders are started, and shot the bow this morning for 1st time in 2 months (at a target). Been poking pigs now and then although not recently as it is too dang hot. Got plenty of arrows ready, just need to practice my sharpening skills. I also need to go put a new platform in one of my tripods as the one on it now is about 8 yrs old and the weather has taken its toll.

Comment

I’m embarrassed to admit the last time I shot my bow. Need to get on it this weekend!

Comment

Never hurts to be ready!

Comment

I stay half ready all year. The other half I figure out the day before I go haha

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
                  We started getting ready. Moving stands and running cameras. I’m practicing out past my normal 30. Last year was my first and got a mature buck. Hope to have as good a year this one also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Same here. Got a new pen up a couple months ago, and from where my tripod is set up to the center of the pen is 36 yards. This is further than I like shooting at deer but it was the only place thick enough to get concealed properly. I shoot regularly out to 40 but never at a deer. Furthest shot I've had to make on a deer was 17 yards. Guess I'll have to get off the couch and get confident further out.

Comment

Not crazy.

Comment

Your only crazy if you think that 50 yard group isn’t tight!

Comment

Working...
                      X