Truck question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck question

Talking to a guy at work. He was telling me about a couple trucks he had found.
    1. 2012 Nissan Titan pro 4x 95k miles
    2. 2011 Ford F150 FX4 super crew ecoboost 122k miles.

I dont know anything about these two. Would yall be scared of either one. Told him id ask on here.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Do not buy Nissan. Their codes are proprietary and you have to have Nissan house diagnose...so they can charge what ever they want. If you use anything other than Nissan parts...it will throw a code and make the vehicle run bad. DONT DO IT! Ive several friends/contractor/etc thatve been through the wringer with Nissan. Ahem....DONT DO IT!

Ive owned several Fords and I like them but nothing to say about the particular Ford you are asking about.

Good luck to you and your friend.

Comment

Skip both.

Buy a Toyota

Close thread.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had five Titans. Never had a problem. Replaced CAI and several other things without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
          Skip both.

Buy a Toyota

Close thread.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          I told him if hes looking at trucks with that kind of miles, a Toyota would be first on my list

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I LOVE my 2011 fx2 ecoSCrew. 25k miles since I bought it Aug 23rd of 2018 with 71k. Only had to replace the throttle body but it cost my $205 and 20 minutes.

Comment

Had several Fords over the years with 5.0 V8 and not a single issue. Love them.

Comment

Wife's Exploder has 318,000 miles

Only thing we've done to the motor is timing chain tensioner.

I prefer Ford over Chevy. I don't like the way my GMC sits. It feels weird for me.
                Seat feels angled to the right and the steering wheel is to the right side of the the center of the seat.
                Little things but they add up to me.

Comment

The 2011 f150 Ecoboost has had a ton of issues, since it was the first year they released that motor. Ford seemed to have worked them out with the newer models.

Don't know anything about the nissans so I can't comment on that.

General rule of thumb is to avoid any first year release on new motors or body styles until they work out the bugs.
                  Last edited by Arrowthreat; 08-13-2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I would avoid the nisson
                    The ego boost is probably somewhat better

Comment

I bought a used Ford with 35K miles once and got rid of it with 230K miles. I only had to rebuild one transmission, replace radiator, water pump, heater core, a plug shot out of the head in heavy Houston traffic and about 16 coils other than that it was a good truck. I bought new Chevy after that. I'm not knocking Ford (except for the coils) it's just what you can expect with used trucks sometimes.

Comment

I'd be more concerned with how and if the vehicle was maintained. Pull a carfax on both, and see if they have any crashes reported, ask for receipts related to maintenance. Stuff like that. Talk to the owners of each. If anything is the least bit fishy, walk away.

Comment

I've got two Titans, both 4 wheel drive. A 2008 with 175,000 miles which I refused to sell or trade in when I bought my 2018 Texas Edition last year. Wouldn't have bought another one if the first one didn't do the job.

Comment

I've had a few nissans over the years, plan on getting another when the company leased dodge expires. As far as the two your looking at, to many depends-if-and what have you'd!

Comment

Out of those 2, I would take the Nissan and I drive a Ford...

Comment

Working...
                              X