• Show
Clear All

If she likes him, let her take him

Comment

I would not tell anyone they had to wait on the buck

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
        If she likes him, let her take him
        For sure. She helps hang stands, fill feeders, she shoots her bow all the time. She has every bit of say that I have regarding the hunting on our property. If she shoots him I'll be super happy for her.

Comment

I would find her another big fat old dude!

Comment

Deep neck, loose brisket, mature-looking face..... Droptine…… Potential to make your wife really happy....

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              I would not tell anyone they had to wait on the buck
              To be honest, there are two older and bigger bucks coming around too. I'd like her to shoot one of them. I just want her to change her plan from shooting any of the three to just either of the two. But, everyone responding seems to feel he is mature so I am probably wrong thinking he needs to age a little. We will see what happens. Heck, they may disappear before season.

I was hoping everyone would say "Pass, let him get bigger". Then I'd show her this thread as food for thought to let him walk. Instead she will read this and be convinced she should shoot him. Either way. I just hope she shoots a nice buck.

Comment

If it makes her happy, let her shoot. Think about all the deer that died this year due to anthrax that folks didn’t shoot or didn’t let their kids shoot last year.

You never know what can happen....

Comment

man young and eating protein hold off as long as you can.

Comment

I have to throw in with the "let her shoot it" crowd. With the addition of start getting her really excited about the prospect of killing him right now as to get as much mileage out of the experience as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                      I have to throw in with the "let her shoot it" crowd. With the addition of start getting her really excited about the prospect of killing him right now as to get as much mileage out of the experience as possible.
                      I like this train of thought. I think way too much about age and size. She doesn't and I love that about her. She just wants to shoot a big buck (score doesn't matter to her AT ALL). I just want to shoot old bucks. Striving for that can make you think about this stuff too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                        I like this train of thought. I think way too much about age and size. She doesn't and I love that about her. She just wants to shoot a big buck (score doesn't matter to her AT ALL). I just want to shoot old bucks. Striving for that can make you think about this stuff too much.
                        Maybe one of the other two big ones will walk out in front of her first, and you'll both end up ecstatic.

Comment

One more year he may be bigger and score better but he may not come back with that drop tine. Tough decision

Comment

He doesn't look even remotely young to me. That guy is going to swell up like a balloon heading into the rut and he'll show his age.

Definitely would take that buck.

Comment

By that pic only I see a 3 year old, it could be that he is hunched up. His hind end looks like young deer and can't see enough of the brisket. It would be a pass on my place by that picture alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X