Is this Legal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Six0show View Post
    Your fine. I drive from dfw to corpus with rods on the front of my truck. Itll be fine. Especially since its below your hood.
    Mines on the right. Been pulled over one time for the rods. No ticket.
    Do you search for sharks with Quint and Mr Hooper?

Comment

Your fine. I drive from dfw to corpus with rods on the front of my truck. Itll be fine. Especially since its below your hood.
      That sure looks like Sharkathon weigh in. I was gonna say we drove all the time with basket rack and cooler on the front like the pics and never had any problems with the law.

Comment

Seems like a trailer would be much, much safer. You won't have a problem until you do, and then it could be really bad. If you got into an accident it could end up being really, really bad. A ticket is one thing, but someone getting killed could be very costly in many different ways....even if it wasn't "your fault".

I went on a bear hunt one time and the outfitter had a 4 wheeler in the back of the truck. The strap(s) he had on it came loose and the bike fell out of the back of the truck going about 60 mph down the highway. Luckily there wasn't anyone behind us. I think in this case the generator has potential do do even more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          That sure looks like Sharkathon weigh in. I was gonna say we drove all the time with basket rack and cooler on the front like the pics and never had any problems with the law.
          Not sharkathon, it was a tourney in Galveston at Jamaica Beach. Though I do fish sharkathon every year.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
            Do you search for sharks with Quint and Mr Hooper?
            I do not, since I do not cheat and use a boat. Lol
            My catches are from the sand. Though Quints character was based on one of the most well known shark fisherman in history. Frank Mundus

Comment

In the Tapatalk preview I read “generator” as “grandpa” hahhah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I do not, since I do not cheat and use a boat. Lol
                My catches are from the sand. Though Quints character was based on one of the most well known shark fisherman in history. Frank Mundus
                Very cool! I would never be able to keep all that gear straight and squared away. Quint was a hoot

Comment

There would always be that thought in back of mind of that generator coming into the front seat with me.....

Comment

Go big or go home. If you're worried about the generator, put that in the bed and the four wheeler on the front bumper.

Comment

I've seen worse. Go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                        Seems like a trailer would be much, much safer. You won't have a problem until you do, and then it could be really bad. If you got into an accident it could end up being really, really bad. A ticket is one thing, but someone getting killed could be very costly in many different ways....even if it wasn't "your fault".

I went on a bear hunt one time and the outfitter had a 4 wheeler in the back of the truck. The strap(s) he had on it came loose and the bike fell out of the back of the truck going about 60 mph down the highway. Luckily there wasn't anyone behind us. I think in this case the generator has potential do do even more damage.

I dont see how a trailer is safer. Failure to strap correctly can happen on a trailer as easy as on a rack. As many things can go wrong with a trailer as using the rack. Only real difference to me is actually loading the bike into the back of the truck.

Comment

Is this Legal ?

Yes, I'm very serious. Their not strapped to the roof rack because there is no roof rack. That's mounted to the bed. Guaranteed no stacks. 5" straight pipe though. But never stacks.

So horizontal stacks..... #loophole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I seem to remember that picture. Believe it was posted on FB at sharkathon by Hard Life Bait and Tackle out of Corpus?

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                              I dont see how a trailer is safer. Failure to strap correctly can happen on a trailer as easy as on a rack. As many things can go wrong with a trailer as using the rack. Only real difference to me is actually loading the bike into the back of the truck.
                              I think the trailer is safer but I do agree that improper strapping down can happen anywhere. I have hauled four wheelers and bikes hundreds of times in the bed of my truck and have never had a strap come loose.
                              That happens with improper feeding of the strap into the ratchet.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                                I think the trailer is safer but I do agree that improper strapping down can happen anywhere. I have hauled four wheelers and bikes hundreds of times in the bed of my truck and have never had a strap come loose.

That happens with improper feeding of the strap into the ratchet.

I strap the dog **** out of stuff. Redundancy to the Nth degree. Don’t think I want anything on the front of my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X