Ice Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice Machines

What brand? What to look for used? Had enough buying ice between the cost and headache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In for this.

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How much ice are you needing everyday?

Comment

Preach! $2-$4 for frozen water is insane. My dad is currently researching and purchasing one for our bolivar house.

Comment

I bought a Hoshizaki under counter but it has not been installed yet.

Comment

I have a stand up Hoshizaki that dumps into an insulated bin for 7+ years and have never had an issue. Now they are very expensive and it would take a long time to break even and probably would never break even if you include water and electricity. With that said the convienence is wonderful.

Comment

I have a pretty good sized Manitowoc. My dad use to repair them and he preferred Manitowoc so that is what I bought and it's been good. Just get a really good filtration system for it and clean it regularly and you won't have many problems.

Comment

Hoshizaki or Ice-O-Matic are both good machines

Comment

Need to be using a lot of ice to offset the initial cost along with the upkeep.

Comment

we have several commercial ones here and they are all Manitowac. Like someone else said, keep up the maintenance on them and they work well.

Comment

We put one of these at our Port Mansfield house. Koolaire. They are more affordable and it’s been flawless for almost two years. Can’t get pic to load but Koolaire is the brand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t know about residential use but as for as commercial Manitowoc and Hoshisaki are going to be the work horses with the least amount of maintenance. Maintaining an ice machine is relatively simple once you have cleaned one a few times. Takes about 30 minutes. I own 3 Manitowocs.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                            we have several commercial ones here and they are all Manitowac. Like someone else said, keep up the maintenance on them and they work well.
                            When I had my Beer Store, I leased one of these.
                            It ran for over three years. And they did the maint.
                            Never had a problem.

Comment

Do not get too big of one or the ice will grow mold in it. The ice needs to be used pretty frequently.

Comment

Working...
                              X