Strengthening a Cheap Ladder Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strengthening a Cheap Ladder Stand

Purchased this ladder stand from a TBH member for a great deal. Very limited tree options where I needed it and had to choose this thin topped cedar. My 16 year old decided this is going to be his spot so it was making me nervous how unstable and flimsy it was. We spent today building a proper and safe structure that he will be safe in and I will have peace of mind when he’s hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulletin from the department of the obvious brother. Be sure he has a great fall arrest system on as well. The husband of my wife’s friend was hunting with his son in a ladder stand. Guess it’s been two years ago now. The son got down. When the father was coming down the ladder broke in the middle. Dad fell 10 feet and landed face down.
    He had multiple facial fractures as well as some large bones broken, ribs etc etc. He was Life Flighted out and has spent the last two years recovering.

Comment

We only used one section of ladder so base is only 8-9’ off the ground, but a harness is a good idea….especially for sleepy mornings.

Comment

Comment

looks good be safe.

Comment

Working...
          X