Non slip deer stand stairs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non slip deer stand stairs???

What have you done to make your wooden deer stand stairs non slip? I know using steel catwalk grading would be best but if your stairs are already wooden has anyone seen a good idea so they aren’t so dangerous when it gets a little icy?

Just a thought. A cheap way would run a few screws into the wood. Do not fully sink them in. Leaving the head of the screw protruding enough to make a cleat. Not sure if it would work. But, in my mind it does.

Comment

I bought some tape, thats like sand paper on the top side, and has a glow in the dark strip that I put on our wooden stairs at our last house. A quick shine of the flashlight and the strips will stay lit up for a few minutes. The grip was pretty solid too. Really helped on wet days and they lasted 3 years before starting to peel up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Double layer of chicken wire and fence staples.

Comment

I was just about to post what Burtonboy suggested. If it doesn’t want to stick to the wood steps very well, hit it with a staple gun.

Comment

Should come 6 in 8 in 10 in and 12 in.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

The pic doesn't want to load. It's called grip tape.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cut pieces of steel catwalk grading and fasten it to the wooden stairway steps.

Comment

Old shingles feel free to come get some from my house I have piles of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                    Old shingles feel free to come get some from my house I have piles of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Just beat me to it. Easy peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                      I was just about to post what Burtonboy suggested. If it doesn’t want to stick to the wood steps very well, hit it with a staple gun.
                      Exactly what I did - the adhesive doesn’t stay stuck to treated lumber for long so staples or something similar is required

Comment

Shingles

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          What have you done to make your wooden deer stand stairs non slip? I know using steel catwalk grading would be best but if your stairs are already wooden has anyone seen a good idea so they aren’t so dangerous when it gets a little icy?
                          Cut some strips of steel grating and screw them to the steps, won’t clog with mud like most grit based options.

Comment

Skateboard deck tape would work. Would just staple it.

Comment

Working...
                            X