No announcement yet.

Watering system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar 2, for every foot of elevation on the storage tank(above the trough), you get one pound of water pressure.

Comment

No, it's 0.43 psi per vertical foot. Google it (water pressure vertical).

My little waterer seems to work fine with the tank 3 feet above the waterer (at home during trials), at the ranch I have it probably 10 feet uphill.

I like everybody's water catching systems, I need to figure out how to incorporate that into my setup.

Comment

How's everybody's troughs doing?
        I can't tell if the evap has slowed or not...animals of all kind are drinking it faster than I can keep them full. Heck, I've even got buzzards drinking out of them.

Comment

I posted in the campfire on mine before thinking about the diy threads, here are the pics. I hope it works well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	23850089

Name:	IMG_0008.JPG
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	23850090

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	23850091

Name:	IMG_0033.JPG
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	23850092

Comment

Does anyone else use the small self watering trough? (like the one pictured above in an earlier post) Less water in trough means less evaporation and the float is covered up.. Just wondering how good they work or is the large trough better..

Comment

Well its done, I think I got everything checked off.

Name:	IMG_0044.JPG
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	23850119

Name:	IMG_0045.JPG
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	23850120

Comment

looks good, I guarantee it will keep deer coming in if there is no other water close.

Comment

No one has any pics or knows if the small trough with the built in float is sufficient..

Comment

I'm building a rain catch system and going to start off with the small trough. I have no doubt the small trough will help with evaporation. My only concern is it's small surface area. I'm wondering if that will cause less animals to use it. I'll set up the trail camera and see what it looks like. Hopefully someone will chime in that has used it.

Comment

Originally posted by SAGEBRUSH ASSASSIN View Post
                      No one has any pics or knows if the small trough with the built in float is sufficient..
                      what is your email addy and I have pics out the wazoo for you if you need a little reassurance mr negative

Comment

DavisHollow, how is the small trough working out for you?

Comment

dlallen131@grandecom.net

Comment

man if i had to place to hunt i would jump at this idea in a heart beat...

Comment

If I lived closer than five hours i would be all over it as well.

Comment

Smart, if you have a large enough reserve tank, like a 250gl tote, the distance you are from there should not be an issue. This depends on how often you visit your ranch I guess to some extent, but don't write it off, it is way too beneficial.

Comment

Working...
                                X