2022 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
    I see a lot of people specifically saying hand tied jigs. Do they offer an advantage? Or is it more of a it's cool because I made it and caught fish on it kind of deal? I could get into it if they offer an advantage.
    Slew pretty much nailed it. I like them because you can get a lot more creative with color combinations, head colors/body/tail and not to mention size of the jig. Total length and what not. Sometimes they wont bite a 2" bobby garland shad but will a 1" hand tie thats half the size.

Comment

Awesome info guys. Thanks for explaining.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        Slew pretty much nailed it. I like them because you can get a lot more creative with color combinations, head colors/body/tail and not to mention size of the jig. Total length and what not. Sometimes they wont bite a 2" bobby garland shad but will a 1" hand tie thats half the size.
        those marabou tails have more fluid/motion than any plastic when you hold them stationary and jig em up and down. Some days -motion is the ticket. The thing I dont like about hand ties is-if you want to change colors, its a pain in the arse after the tenth jig!
        I killed them this morning on purple hand ties with a little krystal flash worked in it! Didn't catch one undersized fish -which is saying alot on my lake. In fact they were all good sized fish. Water was a little stained from that storm we just had.

Comment

Conroe timber continues to crank em out!! Trip today cancelled late so I slept in and went and poked around some stuff I haven’t fished in a while. Finally found some good fish and piled up my 25 pretty quick and threw em back for a while! 1/4oz hand ties. They were choking em down! Throwing up 4-5” Shad in the boat! Fun stuff!! Those folks missed out!!

Comment

We went out and shot docks for a couple of hours after 8th grade graduation (I can’t believe I’ll have 2 high schoolers) caught about 50 but just kept the last 15-20 for either fish tacos or crappie po boys! Shooting docks is my favorite way to fish and was probably the first time out that we didn’t catch a single white crappie.

Bone head stump bugs on custom 1/16 oz screw lock jig heads by RedGun we’re the ticket.
            Last edited by Cantcatch5; 05-27-2022, 09:49 PM.

Comment

think I had a Buff sighting today...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                think I had a Buff sighting today...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                You can see his livecope screen from 200 yards away!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  Conroe timber continues to crank em out!! Trip today cancelled late so I slept in and went and poked around some stuff I haven’t fished in a while. Finally found some good fish and piled up my 25 pretty quick and threw em back for a while! 1/4oz hand ties. They were choking em down! Throwing up 4-5” Shad in the boat! Fun stuff!! Those folks missed out!!
                  You too it's on fire [emoji91]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                    We went out and shot docks for a couple of hours after 8th grade graduation (I can’t believe I’ll have 2 high schoolers) caught about 50 but just kept the last 15-20 for either fish tacos or crappie po boys! Shooting docks is my favorite way to fish and was probably the first time out that we didn’t catch a single white crappie.

Bone head stump bugs on custom 1/16 oz screw lock jig heads by RedGun we’re the ticket.
                    That’s awesome!! I haven’t been on docks in a while.

Comment

Another day on the Gulf of Conroe!!

Comment

5 footers [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do a live thread for those of us who can't get out?

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                            Another day on the Gulf of Conroe!!
                            I'm north of Abilene on Lake Stamford and the wind is blowing 25+ with gust to 45 and over 100 degrees. It's not fun out there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Do a live thread for those of us who can't get out?
                              I haven’t had Tapatalk in years but some giants were harmed today! 3 of them had 51 I think. Not bad since we were taking waves over the bow most of the day! I’m loving the lithium batteries! 1/4oz jigs with kicker weights above em to get em down in the swells. I’m ready for the Conroe wind to settle down. I’m off a couple days. Get to sleep in and go to my regular job. Have next weekend open though. Fishing has been great when the wind allows.

Comment

Crappie continue to get in the cooler!! Cleaned 125 this week I think? Back after them Conroe slabs tomorrow!!

Comment

Working...
                                X