Trapping season 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
    Pretty work! The hard ones are the most satisfying. I have a big ol deer killer I’ve been working on! Trapped 12 days and almost got him the last night before I had to pull my traps due to other obligations. He missed my pan by less than 1”
    Thank you ! Yes he actually worked the set two days ago and dug at 2 of the 4 bait hole then took a dump. I left it alone and figured he was going to come back.

Comment

Well I was done for a while
      Then I found fresh tracks yesterday evening (it rained hard Sunday night and Monday morning) so I got home today and made me 2 sets.
      Figure it is a momma looking to feed some pups chicken dinner so I made a dirt hole and about 10' away a flat set with some droppings and some urine.
      Looked like maybe 2 sets of tracks so maybe I can catch both of them

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        Well I was done for a while
        Then I found fresh tracks yesterday evening (it rained hard Sunday night and Monday morning) so I got home today and made me 2 sets.
        Figure it is a momma looking to feed some pups chicken dinner so I made a dirt hole and about 10' away a flat set with some droppings and some urine.
        Looked like maybe 2 sets of tracks so maybe I can catch both of them
        Good luck BT, be good to get those coyotes before fawning season starts.

Comment

If trap does not get them I will set up a calling session and try to whack them

Comment

Well looks like I have one in my hip pocket.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
              Well looks like I have one in my hip pocket.
              That’s funny. All you gotta do is make your set and put a foot print on it.

Comment

I’m on day 17 trying to catch a deer killer. Early in the job I caught something that pulled out, had blood on the trap so I figured it was a coon that chewed it’s foot off. I’m starting to think it was a coyote the way they are avoiding my sets. The pair are killing deer or exotic about every third day, so the pressure is on to get them killed.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

It’s been a grind but I set a goal to take 20 dogs off our place. I caught the locals and made up the last 6 or 7 with transients. Today was #20!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good job sharkhunter

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Good job sharkhunter
                        Thank you! This one right before the does start dropping fawns was a great way to finish up the 20.
                        Last edited by sharkhunter; 05-14-2022, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Nice work Sharkhunter. Getting coyotes killed this Time of the year really helps the fawns. Once you kill the breeding pairs the area won’t repopulate with coyotes until the pups disperse in the late summer, by that time fawns have a good chance of survival.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                            Nice work Sharkhunter. Getting coyotes killed this Time of the year really helps the fawns. Once you kill the breeding pairs the area won’t repopulate with coyotes until the pups disperse in the late summer, by that time fawns have a good chance of survival.
                            Thank you! Thanks what I’m counting on. I just need those fawns to get their legs under them. If we lose another full crop like last year our lease is really going to take a long time to recover.

Comment

Something got my rooster yesterday.

Have not found any evidence, just went to lock the up and no rooster on roost. He never strayed far from his harem.

I need to work on my snaring skills

Most likely he was bushwhacked by a coyote

Comment

Caught 2 coyotes in 2 days in the same whole and shot another one. Movement has picked up. 2 were females!! Caught this male by the bottom k-9s he was not to happy when I drove up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X