• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killen’s BBQ

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Dickeys!
      Definitely agree. One less than 2 miles from my house. I have a hard time finding good bbq near me. I like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
        Isn’t there one in New Braunfels?
        Yes.

I ate there once on my way to Harper. Beef rib was basically all fat. Brisket was OK-ish but definitely nothing to talk about.

Pinto beans were pretty good though.

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
          Underwood's in Brownwood
          Not disagreeing. But we used to stop there when I was a kid on the way to Menard. Recall their cobbler. Special memory. Just not good food.

Comment

Buccees in Waller....hands down God awful

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              Nothing special about them. Frozen demi loaves they put in the oven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I like um 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Yes, forgot about them…..yuck !
                I'm not a big fan of theirs and hear this all the time on TBH about Underwoods, but the place is always packed and been in business for a very long time. Evidently some people like it. I do like their fried chicken and rolls!
                Last edited by doghouse; 03-15-2022, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Another vote for bill Miller. Dog food

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                    K.D's in Midland. Disgusting.
                    What did you get? I'm not saying KD's is the holy grail but it's good BBQ IMO and I've been to all the famous places and have spent significant time in Memphis, TN. My order is usually 1 slice fatty brisket, 2 sweet ribs, and slice of turkey with a whole smoked jalapeño

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      McRib

Probably not evan real meat, but i do enjoy a Mc rib.

Comment

Grapeland bbq in Grapeland Tx. $8 for a chopped beef sandwich (that was just the sandwich). It was so bad I through it in the trash and made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                          Most of the above mentioned are chains, which I think most folks would agree chain bbq ain't going to be too good. In 2017 the wife and I did all 50 of the Texas Monthly top 50 BBQ joints in the state. One place we left questioning how they were even considered, and that was Pecan Lodge. Not impressed at all.

Another place that I am always hearing has good BBQ in Hard 8. Went to the one in Burleson, won't ever go back. HORRRRRRRRIBLE.
                          Gotta agree with you on the Burleson location. Me and my club went there for lunch last week and no one finished anything on their trays. The only thing I liked was their spicy sauce.
                          Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                          I enjoyed the meal we had in Stephenville last year. Only time I’ve been but I guess everyone has their own tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I’ve eaten at the Stephenville location several times and I’ve never been disappointed but I do wish they’d bring back cabrito..

Comment

Lol.

All Bill Miller's are always packed at lunch.

People love the iced tea.

It's a good plate lunch. Turkey or ham with the regular sides. Beans, slaw and hash browns. The fried chicken is good too. Breakfast ain't bad either.

If you get brisket or ribs It's not that they suck but you suck at ordering.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                              Most of the above mentioned are chains, which I think most folks would agree chain bbq ain't going to be too good. In 2017 the wife and I did all 50 of the Texas Monthly top 50 BBQ joints in the state. One place we left questioning how they were even considered, and that was Pecan Lodge. Not impressed at all.

Another place that I am always hearing has good BBQ in Hard 8. Went to the one in Burleson, won't ever go back. HORRRRRRRRIBLE.
                              True story

Comment

Bill's BBQ in Kerrville. Overpriced, and below average.

Comment

Working...
                                X