No announcement yet.

Prayers for my Grandpa Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news to hear, sir. Your last sentence says it all. There is still hope. That's all we have.

Comment

Great news Josh. Don't beat yourself up it sounds like he understood what you were saying. Praying for him

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        I really appreciate all of your prayers. He was asleep when most of the family left and woke up when I went back to see him before leaving. He was more alert than he had been the whole time and looked at me and held my hand. I was able to share with him how much Jesus had changed my life and everything He had done in me and is still doing. I told him how much I wanted to be sure that he had a relationship with that same Jesus that rescued me from my sin. I asked him if he knew Jesus in that way and he shook his head yes and looked me in the eyes. He can't speak but he was trying. Due to the trach in his throat he couldn't say anything but really wanted to. I wish i knew what he was trying to say. I prayed with him but had to leave right after because they were coming to work on him. I beat myself up after I left about what I should have said better but I pray God used what I fumbled through. It's funny to me that I have led many to Christ, preached in pulpits, etc... but those types of situations with family make me feel like a new Christian trying to fumble his way through sharing the gospel for the first time. I don't understand why that is. The prayers are working because we met to talk about hospice and the doctors think now it's not time for that yet. There is still hope.
        Brother, I can tell you that at 68 years old and after having lost many family members and dear friends there is not a one that I do not have regrets concerning what I wish I had said or not said. God will take your words and His Holy Spirit can translate what you said into something your grandpa can understand enough to grasp the Gospel and receive the forgiveness that only Christ can give through His death on the cross. I will continue to pray for your grandpa and for you that God will give you His supernatural peace and comfort.

Comment

What a blessed testimony & praise be to God!!

In spite of the difficult circumstances I couldn’t help but smile...wish I could have had that opportunity with my gramp before passing.

He had head knowledge but was always angry when the topic came up...lost two children to cancer and I can only assume unanswered prayers made him cold. I’m really happy for you amigo.

<><

Comment

Brother you never fumbled one bit. Your holding his hand and sharing Jesus is as good as it gets. You are a blessing in Grandpa's journey and did exactly what you were supposed to do and say. Praise the Drs. still are continuing God's divine healing.

Comment

Prayers of comfort and healing.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Brother, I'm so happy to hear he confirmed his relationship with Jesus. Don't worry about how you said what you did. Sounds like you'll get a chance to clear it up with him when you meet up yonder! I'll continue praying for you both.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

UPDATE: my grandpa went on hospice care today in the hospital. He doesn't have the option of going home to pass. They have stopped dialysis, the tube feeding, and removed the oxygen. They left the trach and are medicating him to keep him comfortable. Thank you for all of your prayers. Please continue to pray for him that he wouldn't suffer much longer and pray for my family. Thanks

Comment

Prayers sent for your grandad, you and your family.

Comment

Praying for all the family. Cherish his memory and rejoice he shared with you the other day of his answer to your questions.

Comment

Praying for your family

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for your family

Comment

Prayers for all.

Comment

Prayers for your family

Comment

Prayers for you and family.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk