Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made a feed trip to our south of Christoval lease grounds this past weekend. Range conditions are still dry and cross our fingers for a couple mud makers in March.

I would guess approximately 50% of bucks on cameras have shed at least one side. Did end up finding a couple of matching sets and approximately 10 singles in and around feed pens.

Hoping for an above average wet spring.

Rwc
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, Richard! It’s a good day finding sheds like that. Mr cork screw buck sure looks like a dandy!!!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Anyone need some fox killed off their place in the Barnhart/Mertzon/Eldorado area? We will be down there February 25th and 26th getting some knocked off our place.

Those little suckers will sure put a hurting on your quail and turkey populations!

Already looking forward to being back in the blind come October. I sure love Irion county

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
            Made a feed trip to our south of Christoval lease grounds this past weekend. Range conditions are still dry and cross our fingers for a couple mud makers in March.

I would guess approximately 50% of bucks on cameras have shed at least one side. Did end up finding a couple of matching sets and approximately 10 singles in and around feed pens.

Hoping for an above average wet spring.

Rwc
            Some great sheds there!

Comment

Second load out of cotton seed (2.5 more tons) already on calendar for 26 - 27th deer have hammered all protein so far.

Comment

We're going on our 3rd year on our place off 427 between Mertzon and Eldorado. Hopefully make it out there soon, but we're adopting a baby and she's due any day now so who knows. luckily the other guys will take care of it for me if i can't make it. had a good year last year getting several old culls off the place, a couple 140's and a 150'!! Looking forward to getting back at it soon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post

Good thread - following another season.

I am a couple weeks behind in posting but my 5yo got his first deer at our Irion county ranch.

We didn’t shoot much at all this year as I think the horns were down and we are chasing the ghost of 150+ but we have a lot of nice 4 and 5yo bucks (120s & 130s) going into next season. Several really good ones I had written off as gone - disappeared from November until just recently showing back up at the protein feeders. Low fence hunting at its finest.

It needs to rain as the protein feed consumption on our little place has gotten outrageous.
                  You will never forget those smiles! I love looking at the pictures of my kids with their first ones.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    I have a couple of tactacam reveals. You can buy solar panel batteries for them, but the new Reveal SK has an integral solar panel.
                    I went ahead and picked up a couple of Reveal Sks. I'm heading up to the lease tomorrow to setup protein feeders and the cams. The Reveal Sks come with Verizon and Att cards. I'm trying to decide which card to go with? Which service do yall recommend for up there?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

If in Angelo area and cell signal is sparse Verizon seems to work better in areas out there that att doesn’t in my experience.
                      Last edited by KactusKiller; 02-19-2022, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Headed up this coming week, making the little brother go with me and hopefully get A LOT of work done.

Comment

Originally posted by huntr1117 View Post
                          I went ahead and picked up a couple of Reveal Sks. I'm heading up to the lease tomorrow to setup protein feeders and the cams. The Reveal Sks come with Verizon and Att cards. I'm trying to decide which card to go with? Which service do yall recommend for up there?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                          At our place north of Angelo, Verizon is much better than AT&T.

Comment

I run Verizon out there, works good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Verizon here as well on the covert, Tactacam and cell phones.

Comment

Anyone have a water well driller in the San Angelo area they would recommend? I need to have a well drilled & solar finish out done, on my Irion county place. Also need two drilled on a ranch near Bronte.

The company I used for the last few wells are backed way up.

Also any recent pricing? The last ones were $25/foot from what I remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X