No announcement yet.

Robert Earl Keen Retiring From Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His songs still remind me of high school. Glad I saw him live.

Comment

Big fan of his story telling style.

Comment

Love his music but put on one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen.

Comment

I have been to a ton of REK shows. Not all have been great performances, but I have been to many more good ones than bad ones. The venue and the crowd seem to have alot to do with how well he performs.

One of the greatest shows I have ever seen was REK at the Corona Club in Acuña circa 2001.

Comment

I love his music but it was a hard pill to swallow when he endorsed Biden.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              Well ****. I had no idea.

It's been a few years but his shows were good back then.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I love this music and I have seen him many times I will say this that the last couple times there seem to be a little bit of a lackluster feel to it. One has to wonder if an artist like that gets in a funk… I mean could you imagine having to get your 66 year old a** out in front of a crowd of drunk fraternity brothers and sing “the road goes on forever and the party never ends” one more time? You would start to feel like a cartoon of yourself.

Comment

I quit going to his live shows when he started getting heavy into bluegrass, which I hate. The live shows were legendary back in the day, I saw him from Gruene Hall, to Bass Hall, and they were all great. The city Limits in Stephenville about ‘98 or so was as good as any show I’ve seen….we were handing him beers up on stage and he was bumming smokes from my buddy. It was wild, he sweated through a shirt in no time, and hardly slowed down for 2 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw him a few times in the early 00s and it was an absolute blast. Haven't seen him live since and could care less about his politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      You just ruined everything....I hope it’s fake news

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        I quit going to his live shows when he started getting heavy into bluegrass, which I hate. The live shows were legendary back in the day, I saw him from Gruene Hall, to Bass Hall, and they were all great. The city Limits in Stephenville about ‘98 or so was as good as any show I’ve seen….we were handing him beers up on stage and he was bumming smokes from my buddy. It was wild, he sweated through a shirt in no time, and hardly slowed down for 2 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        You lost me at “hates bluegrass”.

Just poking…. We all have our tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                          Greatest Americana singer/writer of all time. Better catch him while you can so you can tell your grandkids you saw the equivalent of Willie, Merle, George(s) and Hank.
                          Agreed! This man is a living Texas legend IMO. Saw him 3 years ago and he did an amazing show at Bass Hall. Saw him one other time while in school at the Shiner BocktoberFest in Shiner. I will miss seeing him perform for sure!

Comment

Last year, I was disappointed when he (purportedly by owner) had the Coupland Inn and Dancehall pack the dance floor with tables. Im not unaccustomed to honky tonking in tight quarters but that **** seemed UnTexan….down right Californicated Communism.

Maybe he is truly and simply tired of seeing Californians and Yankees packing the venues and wearing theyre Ca-boy hats backwards.

Aging singers all circle back around to the dance hall or listening rooms eventually when the coiffer gets skinny or they get existentialist. Charlie Robison may be the exception.
                            Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-17-2022, 04:17 PM. Reason: CalifornicatedSpake

Comment

I've seen him at least 10 times. The last time was a Christmas show at ACL Live. It kinda sucked because it was kinda like a musical play. He didn't sing any of his tunes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

https://www.billboard.com/music/musi...aiser-9411492/

Comment

Working...
                                X