X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

44 mag will get the job done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My carry gun is a .357 2 inch revolver. When the SHTF, I don't have to worry if one is in the chamber, safety, or a jam. A misfire is possible but I don't have to clear the chamber either. Just keep pulling till the danger is gone.

Comment

I know this will get me dog piled, but, it doesn’t matter what round or weapon you use unless you are a good shooter. A 22 short will put you in the grave if it hits a kill spot.
        Every class I have been in they always stress body mass, but if I have to take the shot it’s from the neck up.
        Practice Practice Practice Period.
        By the way my edc is a Glock 357SIG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
          Others will disagree, but a lot of LEOs have had the snot beaten out of them with the perp with numerous 9mm holes in him. .45 ACP is how I roll.

I have read stories of the same happening to cops that carry 45ACP.

There is no discernible difference in terminal performance between 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP all using the proper ammo.

Comment

Coyotes are tough animals. I've shot a few with a 7.62x25 Tokarev using FMJ's. Which aren't very good for putting down live targets to begin with. A head shot was required on the two I've shot with it.

From the sound of it,it was bullet performance problems rather than a caliber or cartridge problem. Maybe the fur messed with bullet performance in some way but since it's a bullet built for personal defense I wouldn't think so.

Comment

45 because they don’t make a 46. ��

Comment

I've sent an arrow through them and shot one with a .22 LR. in the back yard, dead as nails. They have a survival instinct, much higher than people do.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  I've shot them with rifles and they still be alive.

I wouldn't overthink it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                  Agree, that's the tough "dog" in them.

But if you need any reason to purchase a firearm in the United States of America, a bigger coyote killing handgun for yielding out of the truck is an awesome friggin reason!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

The first shot seems like it probably hit the coyote in the liver. I've shot coyotes with a .223,watched them spin and they ran off. The 2nd one probably got him in the lungs. I shot one in the lungs with a .223 a few weeks ago and he ran 50 yards and died. They're super tough animals.

Comment

Now the truth comes out.

Comment

There is a reason why most law enforcement use a 9mm and it has nothing to do with stopping power. Less felt recoil means more accurate first shots and more accurate follow up shots. A 9mm has plenty of “stopping power” but ammo selection is going to be more critical compared to a larger caliber. It definitely sounds like you need to find a different round.

Comment

If you want to carry a pistol to shoot hogs when going in/out of woods then get what you shoot well.

As far as for “protection” it probably is not needed for hogs. Only hogs I have ever seen charge had dogs on them and they were looking for way out. I was on their exit route. Have had one other that was gut shot and unable to run away so he decided his best chance was to fight. And I’ve been around a few hogs as I use to catch and sell them many years ago before it became illegal. Carried a handgun for my dogs as some hogs can and will give dogs a problem in the right place. Not sure what type of hogs some of you guys have but they ain’t East Tx or South Tx feral hogs

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            I have read stories of the same happening to cops that carry 45ACP.

There is no discernible difference in terminal performance between 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP all using the proper ammo.

Correct answer. I carry a 9mm but use Speer Gold Dots.

I shot a coyote a couple years back at about 7 yards with a .30-06 and Hornady SST’s. It pushed him away from me and he took a dirt nap like I had flipped off his light switch.

Comment

Triple Tap .... 2 to the chest and one to the head.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                                My carry gun is a .357 2 inch revolver. When the SHTF, I don't have to worry if one is in the chamber, safety, or a jam. A misfire is possible but I don't have to clear the chamber either. Just keep pulling till the danger is gone.
                                That's exactly why I carry a Glock....16 rounds of perfection!

Comment

Working...
                                X