Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-17-2022, 10:09 PM   #1
dosrobles
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bertram
Default New Truck

I got with in an hour of having good things to say about Toyota of Cedar Park. The kid we worked with was referred to me by an old friend. He was great, if not just a little green. He found what we wanted.

As soon as the management got involved it went south. They won’t “hold” a vehicle that’s not under contract, “fine get it written”. Truck was msrp with a little added for tinted windows and an interior protection thing *** ever. No crazy fees.

I explained very carefully to them that I did not want any bs when I went to finance. They had a published interest rate of 3.49 for anyone with a credit score >710. Mine is 800 +.
Long and short we get to the terms and the finance hag has 6.8.

“Ma’am, is there an issue with my credit?”
“No sir, it’s 800+, interest rates are just not that good.”
“Ma’am-Toyota has a published rate of 3.49.”
“Ok Mr. Dos, I’ll go ahead and change that”

That strumpet didn’t have to ask permission, nothing, she just did it. She was obviously the decision maker. She simply figured I’d over look it.

Stupid thing is I was trying to buy 2 trucks today with another one coming. Cedar Park Toyota will have to bend over to sell me either of the next 2

Car dealers suk-sorry, rant complete
dosrobles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2022, 11:11 PM   #2
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Thats the first negative I've seen for Cedar Park Toyota. I bought a truck there and have been to look around, usually while getting truck serviced, many times. Helped my sister buy her car there also.

Sucks if they go downhill also.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2022, 11:14 PM   #3
dosrobles
Ten Point

Every thing was pretty solid until I hit finance. She 100% tried to give me a colonoscopy
Old 09-17-2022, 11:41 PM   #4
BlessedVeteran0305
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hunting for a place to hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosrobles View Post
Every thing was pretty solid until I hit finance. She 100% tried to give me a colonoscopy
Sorry to hear that brother. I hate finances when it comes to a new vehicle.
BlessedVeteran0305 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2022, 11:43 PM   #5
OldRiverRat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:

That’s where is always goes south no matter how many times you tell them no add ones, no warranty I want my financing etc
Buying a car is miserable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2022, 11:46 PM   #6
dosrobles
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
Sorry to hear that brother. I hate finances when it comes to a new vehicle.
Thank you sir. Poor poor Dos had a crappy experience while buying himself a brand new truck. While the experience suked, there are folks with lots bigger problems than mine. You can check it out when y’all come down
Old 09-18-2022, 12:05 AM   #7
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

It is so dang hard for me to leave the house knowing I’m headed to a dealership. I’ve actually only done it twice in the last 21 years and both times I had no choice and I’ve still never bought a new one. I imagine that’s even worse
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2022, 12:06 AM   #8
dosrobles
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post
That’s where is always goes south no matter how many times you tell them no add ones, no warranty I want my financing etc

Makes you wonder how many people just sign and end up with a stupid interest rate.
My sales guy asked me once where I wanted my payment. I told him I would leave if he asked that again. I need to know the price and the interest rate. You let me worry about the payment.
Old 09-18-2022, 12:15 AM   #9
BlessedVeteran0305
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hunting for a place to hunt

Quote:
Thank you sir. Poor poor Dos had a crappy experience while buying himself a brand new truck. While the experience suked, there are folks with lots bigger problems than mine. You can check it out when y’all come down
Sounds good look fwd to it.
BlessedVeteran0305 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2022, 04:52 AM   #10
Jon B
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Central Tx and the Western States

Quote:
Makes you wonder how many people just sign and end up with a stupid interest rate.
My sales guy asked me once where I wanted my payment. I told him I would leave if he asked that again. I need to know the price and the interest rate. You let me worry about the payment.
They prey on the stupidity of buyers. My mother-in-law got hosed on a 75 month term to get the payments lower. Interest rate is ridiculous.
Jon B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2022, 06:26 AM   #11
dosrobles
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon B View Post
They prey on the stupidity of buyers. My mother-in-law got hosed on a 75 month term to get the payments lower. Interest rate is ridiculous.
I hate that for y’all. I’m sure I overlooked something. Having put yourself in a position to buy a new car should make people proud. I feel like I got slimed

Last edited by dosrobles; 09-18-2022 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-18-2022, 06:43 AM   #12
tps7742
Ten Point

Hunt In: East tx

Hopefully these dealers days are coming in the not too near future for their lack of ethics. Just proves they are still the lowest form of whale wastes deep in the ocean.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2022, 07:14 AM   #13
dosrobles
Ten Point

Go in a luxury or higher end dealership and crud like that almost never happens. I’d gladly pay more for a vehicle to not deal with the scum bag tactics. My wife’s car is considered a luxury car (even though it didn’t cost much more than my truck) and they were an absolute pleasure to deal with.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:53 AM   #14
bbqfan5909
Ten Point

Did you buy a tundra?
bbqfan5909 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2022, 08:09 AM   #15
dosrobles
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
Did you buy a tundra?
Did, we have had 10 for company vehicles. They have been pretty bullet proof over the years.
Old 09-18-2022, 08:58 AM   #16
jaime1982
Ten Point

Hunt In: Edwards Co & anywhere I can

Quote:
Go in a luxury or higher end dealership and crud like that almost never happens. I’d gladly pay more for a vehicle to not deal with the scum bag tactics. My wife’s car is considered a luxury car (even though it didn’t cost much more than my truck) and they were an absolute pleasure to deal with.
Yep. We have bough 3 new Lexus from the same sales guy and same manager in clear lake. Pleasure to deal with and no games.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
jaime1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2022, 09:39 AM   #17
pontiac
Eight Point

I would think your experience makes them a Gold Star Customer Satisfaction Dealer!

Pretty tame compared to most dealers nowadays.
pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2022, 09:54 AM   #18
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Dreams

Quote:
Yup that dept makes the boss a lot of money...
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2022, 10:36 AM   #19
youngbuck1
Eight Point

Hunt In: TX/ND/S.A.

The last two vehicles I purchased I actually had a decent time with the sale. We bought my wife’s q8 and had a good experience. I had a good experience when I bought my current truck. But I did walk from buying several other vehicles as it didn’t seem right, felt off. I recently went to go look at a new truck and the guy was texting me all day about when I was coming and having it ready to look at etc. I texted him back when I was on the way (we’ll before eob) received no response. Truck was on lot, I wasn’t overly impressed. I was open to look at other trucks but not one person approached me. Therefore no sale was made and I’m keeping my truck. Felt weird.
youngbuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2022, 01:13 PM   #20
91cavgt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post

A large majority of the time, this is correct. The last new vehicle I purchased though was different.

Bought a 2022 Ram 1500 from Brown Ram in Devine Texas. The finance guy did his little speal about the extended warranty and maintenance agreements. I told him no and he said no problem. That was the last of that! It took us about 15 minutes total to sign on the truck!! It was by far the best purchase of a new vehicle that I’ve ever done, plus they sold the truck for about $7k below MSRP with no crazy add ons.
91cavgt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2022, 11:22 AM   #21
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
A large majority of the time, this is correct. The last new vehicle I purchased though was different.

Bought a 2022 Ram 1500 from Brown Ram in Devine Texas. The finance guy did his little speal about the extended warranty and maintenance agreements. I told him no and he said no problem. That was the last of that! It took us about 15 minutes total to sign on the truck!! It was by far the best purchase of a new vehicle that I’ve ever done, plus they sold the truck for about $7k below MSRP with no crazy add ons.
This is how I operate as well. The financing is always a seperate conversation. I work the price of the vehichle first with NO trade in. With the internet nowadays that should be fairly easy as well. Just make sure you read the fine print of "advertised price" to be sure of the hidden fees they try to throw in.
Also, do a little homework by knowing your credit score and the interest rate you can obtain somewhere else. (i.e. your bank, credit union). Tell the finance guy in the first minute that you don't want any warranty, maintenance or add-ons included in the loan. Let him know what your terms are as far as how many months and ask him if he can beat your interest rate. No need for anything else. You have options.
He/she may lie and tell you they HAVE to share the warranty info but I tell them I'm in a hurry and don't have time to listen to it. Write it up, I'll sign it and be on my way.
RascalArms is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2022, 11:31 AM   #22
piercebronkite
Six Point

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

This is why I only deal with fleet sales. They dont have the typical sales/finance bs. Heres your price, interest rate and term. NO bs. Bought my last two Fords like that, no pressure and straight to the point.
piercebronkite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2022, 12:01 PM   #23
7point
Six Point

Hunt In: Stephen’s county

I recently went to Pat Lobb Toyota in McKinney.

The place was hopping, everyone was nice of course. They had lots of vehicles on the lot.

I met Ethan, one of the sales people. Super nice young man.

No haggle from start to finish. No changes on price or terms.

Go see Ethan. I’m telling you. Call Ethan. 214-683-5254.
7point is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top