No announcement yet.

Anyone order an F250 lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up buying a Ram so if you are looking for a F-350 XLT with the 7.3L, I can let you know when it is being shipped. Will be at 5 star in North Richland Hills.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
      Here she is in all her antimatter glory. Next days off I need to get it ceramic coated.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
      change your screen name now ?

Comment

Not to stir the pot and I have no desire for one but I wonder if there is a wait time for electric cars.
        I am still driving my 2011 F350 King Ranch and cringing at the diesel prices these days. But it's paid for and gets pretty good mileage so I smile when passing the car lots. I would love a new one but just can't justify the price now that I'm retired. Maybe later. Good luck on the purchases, we waited several months last summer for my wife's Tahoe that had to be ordered.
        Last edited by txlawdog; 03-09-2022, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txlawdog View Post
          Not to stir the pot and I have no desire for one but I wonder if there is a wait time for electric cars.
          I am still driving my 2011 F350 King Ranch and cringing at the diesel prices these days. But it's paid for and gets pretty good mileage so I smile when passing the car lots. I would love a new one but just can't justify the price now that I'm retired. Maybe later. Good luck on the purchases, we waited several months last summer for my wife's Tahoe that had to be ordered.
          Good luck on the electric if your goal is to save money. As you know the government makes money off of every gallon of gas sold. Right now they are baiting people over to electric with the promise of savings but at some point they will come up with a tax to capture that lost revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
            I wouldn't count on that 10 weeks.

My youngest brother ordered a new F350 mid September and was told 10-12 weeks. Asked him about it last week, still no ETA.
            I remembered to ask my brother about his truck since it had been a bit. His is currently in production and he believes it went into production earlier this week. His order sheet lists the following:

Time of Preview: 07/07/2021 11:47:19

Priority Code: 19

Basically 6 months from Order to Production for his.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
              Good luck on the electric if your goal is to save money. As you know the government makes money off of every gallon of gas sold. Right now they are baiting people over to electric with the promise of savings but at some point they will come up with a tax to capture that lost revenue.

Exactly, they are going to get the money one way or the other. I'm sure they will have a way to get the mileage for the electric cars. There is no free ride. If they are able to get everyone in all electric cars and cashless society, you can kiss the good ole USA goodbye. It almost is there now unfortunately.

Comment

It is not just production time that is causing delays right now.

I have an F150 all done and sitting here in Texas that has waited almost 2 weeks now for the 3rd party shipping company to get it to my dealer. The new estimate is "maybe Friday".

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                  I remembered to ask my brother about his truck since it had been a bit. His is currently in production and he believes it went into production earlier this week. His order sheet lists the following:

Time of Preview: 07/07/2021 11:47:19

Priority Code: 19

Basically 6 months from Order to Production for his.
                  His problem is a priority code of 19. Dealer could have made it a 10 and probably gotten built sooner.

Comment

Plant is down this week. Who knows about next week. We will find out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                      His problem is a priority code of 19. Dealer could have made it a 10 and probably gotten built sooner.
                      Yeah, is what it is though. Like I said in my original post, he’s still driving his 2013 Lariat 6.7 so he wasn’t in any real hurry.

Oh, and the View date in my previous post should’ve been 09/07/21.

Comment

Has Ford fixed the death wobble issue?

I have a CTD 2016 Ram 3500 and trade in is more than the cost of a new F250/F350 7.3 gas or a Ram 2500/3500 gas.

They truck price out about the same and I've seen some videos extolling the virtues of the Ford 7.3. It's 50 or so HP more than the Hemi.

My local dealer sells Ford and Ram so I have a good source.

On that note, anyone own a 7.3 gas with the 4.30 gears? How does it do when not towing? I'd like max tow capacity and don't want buyer's remorse for not buying a diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                          Has Ford fixed the death wobble issue?

I have a CTD 2016 Ram 3500 and trade in is more than the cost of a new F250/F350 7.3 gas or a Ram 2500/3500 gas.

They truck price out about the same and I've seen some videos extolling the virtues of the Ford 7.3. It's 50 or so HP more than the Hemi.

My local dealer sells Ford and Ram so I have a good source.

On that note, anyone own a 7.3 gas with the 4.30 gears? How does it do when not towing? I'd like max tow capacity and don't want buyer's remorse for not buying a diesel.
                          If someone will give you more than the price of a new truck for a 2016 you better get there as soon as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post

Got a F350 with 7.3 in Dec. It has the 4:30 gears. The truck is great with them. I am averaging 14.5 mpg driving 65-70. Hand calculated. I did put a set of 285/75/18 Tremor takeoff tires on it,so I'm sure I lost a little MPG.

Comment

All shifts working next week at the Kentucky plant with OT available. Hopefully they can get some of our trucks out the door and on the railroad.

Comment

Fingers crossed! Mine is slated for production next week, no email pushing it back….yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X