X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never heard such whining in my life.

Comment

I feel for you as I got the same ..
      3 other hunts I applied for but the draw date is early in November.

Comment

Curious for the high point holders - when did TPWD start keeping track of Loyalty points? For the points you did accrue prior to the system going online how did you merge your points or get them onto your account?

Comment

38 here GDE. They started the points system 38 years ago and I put in for 9 years before the point system. So in reality 47 years gde with no draws.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
            38 here GDE. They started the points system 38 years ago and I put in for 9 years before the point system. So in reality 47 years gde with no draws.
            Wow, how are you guys not drawing.

Comment

Forgive my lack of knowledge, someone please educate me. Is this for Gun Deer - Either Sex?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                Wow, how are you guys not drawing.
                No kidding, I draw something every year and put deer in my freezer. Last year I drew 5 different hunts and saw deer on all of them. They were not 'top' hunts but I did see a lot of Texas and had a good time.

Comment

I mean I can understand not drawing regularly if all you’re shooting for is the top hunts.
                  But after 30 plus years of chap, gene Howe, matador, and the like…man, I figured in that amount of time surely with those points cubed a fellow would hit.

Comment

I consider myself very fortunate for drawing some great hunts early in my applying years before they started cubing.

Comment

So when will we know about the 2nd draw?

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        I admire your patience sir.

I was sitting on 18 points a few years back and on a whim added Matagorda Island State Park. While a fun experience to hunt an area where I grew up fishing it was not worth burning 18 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

I was sitting on 18 points a few years back and on a whim added Matagorda Island State Park. While a fun experience to hunt an area where I grew up fishing it was not worth burning 18 points.
                          I enjoyed reading about that hunt though. Not sure I could justify 18 On it but I would gladly burn 6 or 7 for the experience.

Comment

Thanks, it was a fun hunt with a little adventure mixed in. I had put in for that hunt off and on through the years. I grew up hearing stories about the big deer out there and even seen a couple from Pringle.

From what I was told the place really changed when the Feds took over management and quick doing burns. True or not the deer aren't what they once were or they're impossible to see in 4 foot high grass.

To the op, I feel for ya, I'm at the bottom with just a few points. This year, I didn't even look at the TPWD page on the 16th and may have not checked my email all day....Typically I wear out a refresh button on drawing day.
                            Last edited by Slick8; 09-20-2022, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

Ouch

Comment

That is crazy. I drew GDE on second draw with only 5 points

Comment

Working...
                                X