Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate Riley View Post
    I use an AeroPress and thoroughly enjoy it! https://aeropress.com/

I also do pour over sometimes, with the simple little plastic thing you put over a cup.
    I'm also a fan of the aeropress. Simple and makes a solid cup of coffee

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Well, if THAT's "French Press" coffee, I'm all in! Been makin' "boiled coffee" for over 60 years... didn't know I was makin' such fancy coffee!! Several years ago, I got a little glass straight-sided beaker looking thing with a plunger/filter that fit on top of it... after makin' the coffee like posted above, I pour it into that little glass pot and press the filter down slowly to separate the coffee from the grounds...

Yes, it's more of a PITA, but it sure makes a good cup of coffee... Sadly though, just about every morning, it's just a Kurig cup or two in my 20 ounce RTIC thermal cup and off to the office I go!!!

French Press - Cowboy Style!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        French Press - Cowboy Style!
        Yes ma'am but we used a 1/2 gallon syrup bucket as the pot... laid a green sweetgum limb across the top of the bucket so it wouldn't boil over... Didn't know back then there was anything "French" about it either!! We had a spring fed creek that ran through our place that had the best water there ever was... made coffee with that water and a syrup bucket propped up on a few rocks with a pine knot fire many a time with my dad and brother... What I wouldn't give for one more chance to do that with my dad!! He's went home Christmas Eve '99... Makes me happy thinking about those things now rather than sad... kind'a funny how time and the Lord fixes things...

Comment

Oh and we didn't put no cream or any other fu-fu stuff in it either... like my dad always said, "Son, it don't take a whole lot of water to make a good cup of coffee!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
            Grind a little coarser. I enjoy a press but prefer pour over.

agreed about the course grind and pourover

Comment

French press makes a good cup of coffee. I bought a Chemex a while back. That's probably my favorite way to brew coffee. But it's more of a process than a French press. Smooth coffee though.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                Does it taste better? Yes.
                Is there a PITA factor added? Yes.

For me, it is not worth the extra effort to bypass a coffee maker. Throw filter out, dump excess coffee, swirl water around pot.

With French press, it gets colder while steeping, cleaning up is more time consuming. If the coffee is good, then I don't need to enhance it with a French press.

Also, use heavy whipping cream instead of half and half. But I will warn you, you will NEVER go back.
                I have an announcement to make

For the reasons stated above, I did not think I would go back to a french press. However, I find myself drinking 1-2 cups of coffee every day. The past few weeks I have been dusting off my french press, putting ground coffee in it and head into the office. The office does provide free coffee, and they do have a Starbucks. But I'm tired of spending $3.94 on a 20 oz coffee and I'm also can't stand the horrid taste of the free coffee. It's worse than Folgers. My saving grace is the "hot water" tap on their coffee maker. If I had to guess, it's 211*F. It will scald you.

So, French Press it is. In this case, it's worth the hassle for a good cup of low cost coffee in my current predicament.

Comment

We have these, so awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its good

Comment

I do when camping or when I come back from Hawaii with a bunch of Kona coffee

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
                        We have these, so awesome

That’s legit

Added to xmas list lol

Comment

Raise your hand if this thread should have been started on October 11th

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Raise your hand if this thread should have been started on October 11th
                            You told me all about the pumpkin spice lattes y'all made on the elk hunt. Don't be acting all tough now

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              You told me all about the pumpkin spice lattes y'all made on the elk hunt. Don't be acting all tough now

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff
                              Ya, but we filtered it through an elk scrotum...

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                Ya, but we filtered it through an elk scrotum...
                                That escalated quickly!

What did y'all stir with?

Comment

Working...
                                X