No announcement yet.

Season is Near…Deer Age Practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t try to “age” deer. Shooting mature deer is my goal. I cover the horns and look at the body. If any part of that deer looks like a doe, it’s immature.

Comment

Okay, after seeing those front-on pictures, I am changing my mind. He is 8...or maybe 6 1/2.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Okay, after seeing those front-on pictures, I am changing my mind. He is 8...or maybe 6 1/2.
        He was born the spring you turned 11.

Comment

I would loose sleep over a deer like this. The knees, and his back hips screamed old man to me in the first pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
            Looks extremely tired, His antlers scream 9+, heck his brisket isn't even pointed anymore, looks like an old biker chick that has never worn a bra.

Comment

Well, how old is he Jeff?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                Well, how old is he Jeff?
                Yes. Don’t leave us hanging. We wouldn’t do you like that. Well…….

Comment

Ancient

Comment

In for Jeff’s age confirmation (of the buck in question) via scientifically proven method

Comment

Now I’m thinking 9.

Comment

Hopefully he doesn’t draw his old age pension in an AR county. A noob GW might give you some static at the tailgate if he or she’s not good at aging deer.

Comment

Apparently Jeff is holding back a little on this age thing.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            The knees know...
                            Yup.
                            Roman Nose

I am surprised he is not a lot more scared up. A 15" eight pointer would be a tough fight...

Comment

This deers antlers were always like this. Just not quite as gnarly at a young age. I’ve had pics of him for 7 years and never seen him in person. He’s 10 plus by my estimation and pic proof. No I don’t have any young pics of him.

Btw, I asked my GW if I could shoot him off his walker and got a stern NO!! Not 13”.

Comment

He's old enough that there is a good chance he won't show back up this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X