No announcement yet.

Video- RACCOON PROBLEM! How to Put a Stop Raccoons to Emptying your Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon no got. Wonder if a feed store will have inventory?

Comment

Tip- The fish oil pills sold at the Dollar store are easy to handle and transport. Think of them as a UNIT DOSE capsule.

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
        I have tried to keep up. I probably have half of those on the carnage list. Once I saw the list I have kept up fairly well.

Cool! Keep on stackin' em up and adding them.

Originally posted by stan v View Post
        Amazon no got. Wonder if a feed store will have inventory?

Ours did and we bought our first three dogproof traps from a feed store and they were almost 3 times the price online. I like to support my local guys but not at that much difference in price. Now that was 2015 so they may have changed their markup but we bought another 30 online after seeing how effective they were......just keep that in mind.

Originally posted by texsdr View Post
        Tip- The fish oil pills sold at the Dollar store are easy to handle and transport. Think of them as a UNIT DOSE capsule.

Although we don't use the fishoil due to the mess, that's a great idea. Might try it during tough times, just splitting it open on the ground by it to get them in closer. Might catch a few turkey egg eating skunks too...

Comment

That doe that walked up in the back ground of the video was cool

Comment

Liked and subscribed….

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
              That doe that walked up in the back ground of the video was cool
              Right! I couldn't have planned that any better if I had scripted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Statton48 View Post
                Liked and subscribed….
                Thank you Statton! Hoping to post up a couple hog hunts before WT season opens. We were in the field way too much this trip between messing with coons, filling feeders, and tinkering with timers. The hogs went nocturnal on my TC pics for the wknd.

Comment

Nice video, did you buy or make that setting tool?

I have two Dukes traps that haven't caught anything last season. I thought tuna would work and it just sat there and rotted. But that setting tool....game changer!

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
                    Nice video, did you buy or make that setting tool?

I have two Dukes traps that haven't caught anything last season. I thought tuna would work and it just sat there and rotted. But that setting tool....game changer!

Thanks kmack!

$6.75 on Amazon. Link below.

Duke Traps Dog Proof Trap Set Tool 0962

Comment

20 minutes to first catch. The old man set them out about an hour ago, climbed up in the stand to cool off in the breeze and watched on come in and set the trap off. added to the coon carnage thread already

Comment

For what its worth I will continue with the yup they work great. When I left east Texas and started hunting far west Texas, my first thought was “1 advantage is we wont have to deal with the coons!” I was dead wrong. I think they are worse out there. We would catch one in each trap. And like Rambo could go out about a hour after dark and already have some. It’s crazy the amount of coons in west Texas

Comment

Video- RACCOON PROBLEM! How to Put a Stop Raccoons to Emptying your Feeder

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                          For what its worth I will continue with the yup they work great. When I left east Texas and started hunting far west Texas, my first thought was “1 advantage is we wont have to deal with the coons!” I was dead wrong. I think they are worse out there. We would catch one in each trap. And like Rambo could go out about a hour after dark and already have some. It’s crazy the amount of coons in west Texas

Yup… I’m not sure what they all eat out west to hood that many out there besides leftover corn and protein but dang they are prolific

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                            20 minutes to first catch. The old man set them out about an hour ago, climbed up in the stand to cool off in the breeze and watched on come in and set the trap off. added to the coon carnage thread already
                            Nice! Doesn't get much better than that. Watched it all go down Live.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post

I didn't expect them to be so bad in central Texas either. Seems like they get at least 100% worse on the feeders during these drought years too.

Comment

Subscribed to the YouTube channel, had to when you mentioned hog hunting.

Had my best luck using a dry cat food from TSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X