Taxidermy Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$875

Man, I don't know how these guys are doing $500-$600 WP mounts (standard mount either for that matter). They have to be basically breaking even at $8 hr for labor. Heck, I was was $575 for a standard mount in the 90s

Comment

I guess a wall pedestal has a some extras added besides the shoulder mounted animal ?

We just ask the taxi to add something like a rock or vegetation, just a shoulder mount with extras.

Comment

Im not sure about a wall pedistal but he charges $650 for a normal mount. So my guess would be $800 or so.

Comment

I paid $850 for my last one.

Comment

600 wall pedestal!!

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
              $875

Man, I don't know how these guys are doing $500-$600 WP mounts (standard mount either for that matter). They have to be basically breaking even at $8 hr for labor. Heck, I was was $575 for a standard mount in the 90s
              I’ve wondered the same thing.

Comment

I dont see me getting any taxi work done again unless its for grandkids. Just cant see spending that much.

Comment

Taxidermy Pricing

$650 plus for wall ped. But, I'm pretty sure that's (buddy) discounted a bit. Or, that’s what I paid for Hagen’s Colorado Bend State Park mount from 2020.
                  Last edited by Chad C; 07-27-2022, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                    I guess a wall pedestal has a some extras added besides the shoulder mounted animal ?

We just ask the taxi to add something like a rock or vegetation, just a shoulder mount with extras.
                    Wall pedestal are those forms that have more shoulder and that floating effect as noted in the picture above. The form itself costs $10-$15 more than a standard pose to account for the extra material it takes to pour one, molds are more complicated etc.

It takes 30 min more to prep this kind of form and mount it. Then another 15-30 minutes for the finish work and whatever costs of material to finish the back space that is visible. Cheap way is to basically spray paint it, up to fancy tooled leather, painted scenes, rock structures etc.

And that folks is why they costs more

Comment

Working...
                    X