No announcement yet.

Wyoming draw results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard Wyoming has cut tag allocation to NR to 10% is that true? I have 3 points and didn't draw this year for General Elk.

Comment

Originally posted by BCoop27 View Post
      I heard Wyoming has cut tag allocation to NR to 10% is that true? I have 3 points and didn't draw this year for General Elk.
      For elk, no that is false.

Comment

As usual it takes another point category higher to draw a general tag this year….

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
          I drew for another bull tag this year !!!
          Yeah boyyeeeeee……
          Awesome!

Im hoping a buddy drew his bull tag. He got point creeped out last year. Id love to tagalong hunt WY. WY is the only state Ive cared to pay for PPs.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
            No OTC for NR in Wyoming, helps keep our hunting pretty good all over the state.

Leftover list for that draw comes out in June for the July draw.

I guess technically some may become OTC in July after the last draw. After the leftover draw any licenses not drawn go OTC.

Beware of some cow elk areas, Area 6 for example, is mostly private and very hard to fill those licenses. Access is very hard to get even though there are too many elk in that area. There will be hundreds of those tags left in Area 6.

You can purchase preference points in July, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I drew a cow elk tag. 2nd year in a row. Cannot wait!

Comment

No luck this year.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
                  You can purchase preference points in July, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Yes

Comment

Why not try OTC in Colorado or Wyoming? Not always good deal to try draw. May take some years to get drawn, and they miss out on a nice hunt. We don't get younger waiting to be drawn

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by greyghost7 View Post
                      Why not try OTC in Colorado or Wyoming? Not always good deal to try draw. May take some years to get drawn, and they miss out on a nice hunt. We don't get younger waiting to be drawn

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                      Not really any OTC in Wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        Are whitetails and mule deer draw-only too?

Sorry to veer off course. I know that's not elk related...
                        Yes, but you have until end of May to apply for them. Some areas are either species and some have specific whitetail seasons later than muleys.
                        Whitetail only licenses are Type 3 deer licenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          My brother in law just inherited property/house on Bridger National Forest. He's say they used to hunt elk there growing up all the time. Anyone know how I would go about applying for a non-resident draw tag for that area? He said I could use the house if I found out how to get a tag?
                          Elk draw for NR has happened but some leftover may be available in June to apply for.
                          Do you know which town is closest to his cabin ? We were in the Bridger forest last fall.
                          If the house or cabin is on NF land it will be a lease. The house can be privately owned but the land will belong to the NF on a long term lease.

Comment

No gen tag for me. 3 points.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                              Elk draw for NR has happened but some leftover may be available in June to apply for.
                              Do you know which town is closest to his cabin ? We were in the Bridger forest last fall.
                              If the house or cabin is on NF land it will be a lease. The house can be privately owned but the land will belong to the NF on a long term lease.
                              The house/property is in Smoot and it borders the forest. So I guess I need to figure out what "unit" that area is considered and apply online as a non resident for a draw?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                The house/property is in Smoot and it borders the forest. So I guess I need to figure out what "unit" that area is considered and apply online as a non resident for a draw?
                                Looks like is area 91. It has a general season and a LQ one that takes quite a few PP. General would be good on the other side of the range too, east side.
                                Looks like a migration area too.
                                Shouldn't be a big grizz issue yet there.

Deer iis going to be Region G and well known for big bucks. It take a ton of PP to draw though.
                                Some whitetail tags over there though that may be easier to draw.

Buy a PP for deer this July, and elk if you want to try and draw a general.
                                The whitetail tag can be had with 1 PP I think.

Draw is still open for deer this year, closed for elk and I looked-should not be any leftover elk licenses for that area. Check in June though when the leftover list comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X