Lake Meredith public mule deer hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Meredith public mule deer hunt

Been looking at going to Lake Meredith for a Mule Deer. Who has done this hunt and how successful were you.

Expect heavy to extreme pressure, especially on the weekends. Mule deer mostly hang out on the tops which are primarily located on private land. However, hunters find success every year and it's a beautiful place so give it a try.

Comment

Been making the trip for years and have added friends to the trip. It’s a fun trip because all the guys get together and hang in camp. We hunt hard but our expectations are real. We know the chances are low to get an animal on public land. I have a place in mason I can go anytime but I enjoy the camping experience with the guys. If I kill something even better. Good luck.

Comment

When you going?

Comment

Have not decided yet

Comment

We r going up opening weekend of bow season. First time going to get away not expecting to kill anything. Good luck when u go.

Comment

I will say that it is a great time in some pretty unique terrain regardless of being successful or not.

Comment

were 1 for 8 trips in a row with the 1 being a spike 2 years ago. My buddy grazed a spike at 55yds 3 years ago. We saw a ton of mulies last year but the trip got cut short due to a death in the family. It's hardcore but rewarding. Best advice I can give is have good optics and get good with them. Mulies hide in plain sight

Comment

Working...
                X