Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been some big bucks dropping in Jack County!!, I sat this morning, last night, and Tuesday morning in Clay County and the weather has felt great! Seen some young bucks and does but all the mature bucks we have on camera are still pretty much being nocturnal. I’ll be out all this weekend waiting for one to slip up though! Good luck to everyone going to the stand this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My best buck was on camera every day up until Sept 28 and hasn't been seen since. The bachelor group he traveled with has all disappeared. Hopefully he comes back around at some point before he catches and arrow or a bullet.

Comment

We have been seeing some does, but not a lot of buck activity the last couple of weeks. Tonight I saw a younger buck chasing a doe pretty hard. With the cold front tomorrow morning might be a great morning for buck activity. That's what I'm telling myself anyway!

Comment

I got my first ever archery buck on Saturday morning. Big, old, heavy bodied, 8 pt. Antlers are nothing to write home about, but the experience was. Text book shoot. Very happy.
          Attached Files

Comment

Atta boy Mike!
            Congratulations on your first bow buck. Who cares about horns when it's your first one. Post up a pic of your smiling face with that bad boy.

Comment

Nice buck, he looks like he has some age on him for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                Atta boy Mike!
                Congratulations on your first bow buck. Who cares about horns when it's your first one. Post up a pic of your smiling face with that bad boy.
                Here you go.

It was one of those shots where the deer never knew what hit him. Grim Reaper slipped in between two ribs and turned two lungs into goo. The deer ran about 20 yards, looked back at where he was, walked around a little, staggered, and hit the dirt. All in about 30 - 45 seconds. It was the thrill of my hunting life.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                  Nice buck, he looks like he has some age on him for sure
                  He was really old, and REALLY heavy.

Comment

There ya go!
                    Congrats again.

Comment

Very nice buck congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                        Here you go.

It was one of those shots where the deer never knew what hit him. Grim Reaper slipped in between two ribs and turned two lungs into goo. The deer ran about 20 yards, looked back at where he was, walked around a little, staggered, and hit the dirt. All in about 30 - 45 seconds. It was the thrill of my hunting life.

What a brute congratulations on your first bow buck

Comment

weight estimates?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations on a nice mature deer!

Comment

THAT is why I liked hunting up that way, big ol' bucks.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X