Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me, ATV running all over the place, if I get enough of it may just go home

Comment

Is it a free for all or did they assign compartments? I see nothing but problems if they don’t assign compartments.

Comment

Any one got a deer report for us, hows the ground wet/muddy? Did they get to mow the southern compartments?

Comment

Do they allow trail cameras.

Comment

Anyone try to ride a fat tire mountain bike out there? I realize depends on a lot but would like to know prior to loading that thing. Drew Nov 20th. Good thread!

Comment

The answer to a few questions. There were 3 does and 1 buck harvested on the south unit this weekend. We have not mowed the south unit with the exception of a few trails but are planning to next week after this first hunt. Trail cams are allowed. We did not assign compartments on this first hunt but will evaluate based on hunter response before the next hunt. It is drying some but we had a 4wd tractor stuck last Friday trying to mow to the gate in comp 4. The fat tire bike may work well in dry country but the black gumbo mud will ball up on the front tire really badly. Good luck to you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

like I said good luck getting out there to shred before the hunt...

Comment

Originally posted by straightGrizzly View Post
                  I got drawn for the south on the Oct 16-25 hunt, I'm excited to hunt it I have never been. Some buddies and I are going in a couple weeks after teal and hoping to scope it out a bit before hand.
                  I was selected for the same week, but will only be able to do both weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by edbo144 View Post
                    The answer to a few questions. There were 3 does and 1 buck harvested on the south unit this weekend. We have not mowed the south unit with the exception of a few trails but are planning to next week after this first hunt. Trail cams are allowed. We did not assign compartments on this first hunt but will evaluate based on hunter response before the next hunt. It is drying some but we had a 4wd tractor stuck last Friday trying to mow to the gate in comp 4. The fat tire bike may work well in dry country but the black gumbo mud will ball up on the front tire really badly. Good luck to you guys!

Thanks for the update. Any hogs killed or do y’all not keep track of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                      Thanks for the update. Any hogs killed or do y’all not keep track of that?

Yes sir I’m always glad to help. We don’t keep track of hogs unless you guys put them on your card. We won’t look at those until after the hunt.

Comment

Don’t remember how many times hunted here for variety of hunts at least 10+. Will be there the 16th. Nothing short of fantastic and yet to go home empty handed...

But negative me says I’m due to strike out but hope the Richland trend continues

Comment

Opening weekend I saw 2 four pointers. Also saw three hogs but were at 70 yrds or more and never got a shot. Going back this Wednesday or Thursday through the weekend.

Comment

Thanks for the update edbo144. Sure hope it drys out to mow a little more.

Comment

Good luck to all that are hunting this week

Comment

Got back lastnight. Saw 2 8pts that were barely legal. Around 14" wide. Passed on them. Another 8 pt that was probably only 10" wide. Saw 4 does. Shot one of em. And saw a handful of pigs. Lots of animals out there. Even more mosquitos. Definitely bring a thermacell. Also stepped on a big ol copper head walking out Sunday night. Ruined my lucky underwear on that whole ordeal. Definitely got lucky!

Comment

Working...
                                X