No announcement yet.

Paducah Area Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quality of Paducah whitetail deer hunting can be incredible but location is key. More land owners are working together to manage deer hunting. My hunters killed five quality bucks last year on our 1800 acre lease, the largest was over 160. I will warn you the bodies of our deer are huge so judge the horns and don’t just go off of the size of the body. Feed the protein and protect your feeders from hogs and you’ll have a great lease! Great turkey numbers. Unlimited hogs!
    For more information about Paducah hunting check out our Facebook group called Paducah Hunters.

Comment

There are no deer left in the Panhandle north of I20! Just stay in the Central TX area.

Some of the biggest mulies and whitetails I have ever seen in TX are around and in that area, BUT like most have said, the particular area is key!

Here you are in Central TX basically looking for a lease in the Matador/Panhandle area and I move out of Lubbock to Rogers and looking for a lease in the Central TX area. Keeping my lease in Kent/Stonewall area, but would like something closer to me for days/weekends when I am not headed north!

Comment

If you are serious about trophy whitetails and don't have to harvest a buck every year; you are in for a treat. Plenty of mulies and restrictions will make that even better. Love hunting the area and the bruisers that occupy it.

Comment

I travel thru there a lot going to Plainview and have never seen a muley east of Paducah. I see the all the time as soon as I hit the west city limits, I have seen a few in the 160's a few miles west in the scrub brush.I know a guy has a few hundred acres north of there and has never seen a muley but killed a 150's 8 whitetail last year. There was a 23? point whitetail killed on the road there last year I think, maybe 2 years ago. I have seen some monster hogs out there though.

Comment

One of my best friends owns land just west of Paducah. You won’t be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stetsonoverton View Post
              Curious where about from matador you hunted just got a place north of town and excited but not sure what to expect
              I hunted a 4000 acre bow only ranch just north of town for 10 seasons and killed a lot of nice deer. The best 3 were over 150 with the best one being over 160.

Comment

I grew up in Paducah and have watched the mule deer numbers grow significantly. For the most part the mule deer stay north and west of town but we have had a few that visit us to the South of town. New restrictions will really help the quality of mule deer bucks.
                If you’re a Turkey hunter, we have some of the best numbers in the state. Not uncommon to see 50+ turkey in a group. I’m still chasing a trophy Tom I’ve seen that’s dragging his beard.
                Whitetail hunting has steadily improved since I was a kid. We have some big body deer and the quality of our bucks is second to none. We don’t have the numbers of central Texas but if you’re patient and manage your deer, you will have some monsters!

Comment

Working...
                X