Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang!!

Comment

My boy plans to take advantage of the late youth season tonight and get rid of two of the doe. Waiting on some better sized ones to show right now.

Comment

Good luck! Looks like a target rich environment!

Comment

How did Chase do ?

Comment

Worth looking into getting on MLD program. I was hunted a property in 2018 in Mason county (my brothers lease) that had crazy high deer density. They got 111 doe tags for 2600ish acres if I remember correctly. Hard to get any thing to grow with so many mouth's to feed. Kinda creates an aquarium effect if you will.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is that a normal sighting and ratio of bucks to does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ey View Post
                I’ve never looked into how many tags they would actually give me. But our property is only about 130ac so I doubt it would be enough to make it worth while. We’re allowed to take 2 doe but there’s limitations to when you can kill them. For adults you are limited to archery season only. This year they added 4 additional “doe days” through thanksgiving and it sounded like world war 3 around here. Youth get additional days during the youth only season where they are allowed to kill doe. I had several kids out this year for a doe hunt but at these numbers it hardly made a scratch in the surface. To really put a dent it needs to be done during bow season.
                Why taking them during bow season make the biggest difference versus taking them during doe days or youth season?

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                  Why taking them during bow season make the biggest difference versus taking them during doe days or youth season?

It really doesn’t make a difference. There’s just more time to get it done having a month during archery. I typically have buddies come out and shoot a few during archery. The doe days and early youth is only 6 days. We do get the additional 2 weeks of late youth. I’m just not a fan of killing doe during that time. We are killing 2 this year just because of the lack of mature bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Is that a normal sighting and ratio of bucks to does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s not uncommon to have 30 doe out at one time. During the rut on a good day I might see 10 bucks. But typically 3 bucks to 25-30 doe

Comment

Working...
                    X