Lease ride (Jeep) is about done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease ride (Jeep) is about done

Purchased this Jeep with different types of bed liner covering the entire thing. Stripped it all down, sanded, primed, painted (rattle can paint job). Installed light bar, Bluetooth head unit, and mud tires. I need to weld the receiver hitch to the front and clean the bumpers up.
    Attached Files

Looks a lot better. Nice work.

Comment

Nice looking Jeep

Comment

That Jeep looks sharp. Good job.

Comment

The only downfall is how rough it rides on rocky terrain. I'm sure that the suspension will be completely changed out over time with the addition of larger axles and possibly coilovers.

Comment

Looking good. You will enjoy that light bar

Comment

I had a '93 Jeep like that one. Old Man Emu makes a quality leaf spring that softens the ride a lot.

They sell a 2.5 inch lift set of springs that is good for 31 inch tires in stock axle position or 35's if you flip the spring on top of the axle.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckcrusher View Post
                The only downfall is how rough it rides on rocky terrain. I'm sure that the suspension will be completely changed out over time with the addition of larger axles and possibly coilovers.
                Those YJs are going to be incredibly rough due to the leaf spring suspension. I put a Rubicon Express 4" kit on my old 95 and it rode much better. That along with removing the track bar and disconnecting the sway bar.

Comment

Don't forget air down your tires also for a softer ride as well as better traction. I took a leaf out of each pack all around and that helped a lot. If you are going to cool it later, I'd also look at some fender trimming to fit bigger tires with less lift.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Shackle reversal will help the ride as well. As mentioned before air down the tires and disconnect the sway bars.

How did you get the bed liner off? I bought a set of fender flares that were bed linered that I want to remove.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                      Shackle reversal will help the ride as well. As mentioned before air down the tires and disconnect the sway bars.

How did you get the bed liner off? I bought a set of fender flares that were bed linered that I want to remove.
                      Taking the bed liner off was a task. Heat gun, scraper, wire wheel, cussing, and a handful of beers. The hood had the bed liner baked on I guess, it was not coming off that easy so I bought a used hood from a guy that was bed liner free.

If anyone wants a YJ hood with bed liner, I have one. lol

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Great work man! Yeah those full leaf spring suspensions will beat you up but they're strong, effective and will last a long time. My buddy still has his leaf springs front and back on a cj7 and that thing goes everywhere.. keep up the great work and keep us posted on your progress! Nice job!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice YJ!

Comment

Working...
                              X