$1mil insurance policy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1mil insurance policy?

Trying to come to terms on my first lease and the land owner has put that I need to purchase a $1,000,000 "general liabilities insurance policy". I have never heard of this, and when I Google it, it looks like something a small business would purchase in the event their product or service injured someone.

So to me, they should be buying the insurance policy, not me. I'm already paying for the lease.

Is this unreasonable? If not, can anyone on the GS who is licensed and approved to do business in the state help me get a very inexpensive policy lasting from Sept 1 - Jan 17?

I know hunting lease insurance is cheap, and fairly common. I’m not sure if it’s a million dollar policy that’s cheap though.

If you google: Hunting lease insurance Texas you may find what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      I know hunting lease insurance is cheap, and fairly common. I’m not sure if it’s a million dollar policy that’s cheap though.

If you google: Hunting lease insurance Texas you may find what you need.
      Thank you AC.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
        Trying to come to terms on my first lease and the land owner has put that I need to purchase a $1,000,000 "general liabilities insurance policy". I have never heard of this, and when I Google it, it looks like something a small business would purchase in the event their product or service injured someone.

So to me, they should be buying the insurance policy, not me. I'm already paying for the lease.

Is this unreasonable? If not, can anyone on the GS who is licensed and approved to do business in the state help me get a very inexpensive policy lasting from Sept 1 - Jan 17?
        I believe the NRA has such a policy. Check it out.

Comment

QDMA has Hunter Lease Liability Insurance and it is pretty reasonable, depending on the amount of acres.

Comment

Something Else you may mention to the landowner is the Agritourism law which protects landowners if posted. We have a sign posted at the entrance to our ranch. In a nutshell it says landowners can't me held liable for injuries or death if so person was participating in outdoor activities.

Click image for larger version

Name:	agritourism.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	24628668

Comment

Ours is the same w/ the $1mm policy & have been doing it for years...

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Something Else you may mention to the landowner is the Agritourism law which protects landowners if posted. We have a sign posted at the entrance to our ranch. In a nutshell it says landowners can't me held liable for injuries or death if so person was participating in outdoor activities.

[ATTACH]1016583[/ATTACH]

Same sign is posted on all the gates that are on public roads on our ranch too.

We also have a lease insurance policy through the QDMA, and it's pretty cheap. It protects the lease members and land owners. Just go to the QDMA web site and search lease insurance... Right now is the time to get the policy. They all start Sept. 1 and run thru August 31 and are pretty much a flat rate by acreage of the lease land size. You can purchase extra insured riders if necessary.

Comment

Would an umbrella policy work? They are fairly cheap and common.

Comment

1 mill in liability is not terrible if I am not mistaken.

Isn't is 50-125$ a month or so?

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                      QDMA has Hunter Lease Liability Insurance and it is pretty reasonable, depending on the amount of acres.
                      I found the QDMA policy. Seems pretty reasonable. I guess I'll apply for this when if I can get a few more things ratified on the contract.

Comment

You got off lite , I know landowner that requires 5 million
                        Cost +/- $2500 per year on 5M

My 2ct is get a good policy from a reputable company, a nra or mass group company is toilet paper if you ever need it
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-25-2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Geez, if it wasn’t expensive enough to hunt.

Comment

Hmm this brings up another question... the contract states LO must be named as co-insured... Does this just mean he must be one of the parties who would receive payment?

Comment

Working...
                            X