Youth ATV? What to look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth ATV? What to look for?

So I've got two kids that are about to turn 8 and 5. I'm wanting to get them a used four wheeler, side by side, or go cart. They will mainly be riding them around our roping arena and cow pens so they need to be decent in sand. I would like to get yall's opinion on what has worked best for your kids. I was kinda wanting something that I could govern down so that they can't go real fast. I've kinda already ruled out the cheap Chinese stuff just based on online reviews. Just wanted to get some feedback on brands and models before taking it to the classifieds.

Thanks!

My son is about to turn 6 and has been riding the 110 sportsman for about 5-6 months. It's been good so far.

Edit: we picked it up used for $1500, it's a 2017 or 2018.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

My boy rides a yamaha 80 raptor. The honda trx90 is another great 4 wheeler. Imo, honda yamaha and polaris would be my only choices. The chinese are total junk and if you keep your eyes out you can find a good jap bike for less than 1k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I picked up a Coleman KT196 go kart yesterday. Reviews show it to be a quality machine. Easy to govern down with a throttle stop. My kids love it! They are 12 and 7. The 7 year old can drive it no problem.

Comment

Go karts are cheaper and they are easy to work on. Worst case if the engine goes out you can pick up a new one and replace it.

Comment

I was actually looking at one of these yesterday. Good to know. They were pretty cheap too.

Comment

I found this one brand new on Craigslist for $800. Never had fuel in it.

Has a solid rear axle so it’s positive traction, both wheels turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We bought our kids a Yamaha 90 when my son was around 6 and he’s about to turn 14. My youngest which is 7 still enjoys riding it today. Only thing we’ve done is rebuild carb due to sitting up one winter and this ethanol fuel. Like already mentioned, I wouldn’t be afraid to buy a Polaris or Honda either.

Comment

Made by Polaris

Hammerhead Off-Road® has been distributing off-road vehicles since 2003. Check out our Youth Go Kart & Go-karts for kids, Off-Road Buggy, & Affordable UTV.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
                      Thanks! Haven’t seen these yet, reasonable too.

Comment

I bought an arctic cat 90 back in 2015, my boy was turning 4 and was tired of power wheels. Even with the throttle adjusted As low as possible to still make the clutch grab, it was too fast. I had new drive sprockets made to gear it down, And at 4 he learned to ride it. Now he’s almost 8 I’m about to return it back to factory gearing because he wants to go faster

Comment

Have two girls 4 and 8, I got them a 90 artic cat before hunting season last year and they really enjoyed it.

Comment

My kids have. Yamaha 90 as well, good little ATV

Comment

My son has the artic cat 90 and rides the crud out of it. Bought it used about 4 years ago and it’s still going strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X