No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unit 36 info. Some good elk country now closed.

Ruidoso, NM, May 2, 2021 – A closure order has been issued for a portion of the White Mountains Wilderness, located in the Smokey Bear Ranger District of the Lincoln National Forest. The purpose of this Order is to protect public health and safety during the Three Rivers Fire. The Order went into effect on April 30, 2021, at 6:00 AM and shall remain in effect until December 31, 2021, or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.

Please be advised that ALL National Forest System lands, roads, and trails within the exterior boundaries of the White Mountain Wilderness of the Lincoln National Forest, as depicted on the attached map, are part of the RESTRICTED AREA.

Violations of this order are punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of up to $5,000 for individual, $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment, or both.

For additional information pertaining to the Closure Order contact the Smokey Bear Ranger District at 575-257-4096 or the Lincoln National Forest Supervisor’s Office at 575-434-7200. For Three Rivers Fire information, please contact the fire information line at 575-386-5077.
    Attached Files

Comment

So looks like Wyoming approved adding 2,000 additional Elk tags.
      Elk populations in Wyoming’s major herds are nearly 30% over objective, Wyoming Game and Fish Department personnel revealed as their governing commission approved hunting seasons and nearly 2,000 additional licenses
      Last edited by justletmein; 05-02-2021, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Any insight on the Flattop wilderness?

Comment

Here's some antler growth to get you all thinking about fall.
          These elk are at the WG&F research facility in Sybille Canyon.
          Attached Files

Comment

Texans has some good advice for the unit ! If any questions let me know . I spent last archery season up there ! The best hunt I have ever been on

Comment

I need WY to go ahead and send me my dang elk tag!!!

Comment

What everyone's preference/opinion on their preferred time to hunt during archery season, pending you can pick any week you like. Do you prefer early in the season before the animals all get hunted and moved around, or do you prefer late in the season when the elk are more likely to be vocal. Just curious what everyone's preferences are.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                  Unit 36 info. Some good elk country now closed.

Ruidoso, NM, May 2, 2021 – A closure order has been issued for a portion of the White Mountains Wilderness, located in the Smokey Bear Ranger District of the Lincoln National Forest. The purpose of this Order is to protect public health and safety during the Three Rivers Fire. The Order went into effect on April 30, 2021, at 6:00 AM and shall remain in effect until December 31, 2021, or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.

Please be advised that ALL National Forest System lands, roads, and trails within the exterior boundaries of the White Mountain Wilderness of the Lincoln National Forest, as depicted on the attached map, are part of the RESTRICTED AREA.

Violations of this order are punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of up to $5,000 for individual, $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment, or both.

For additional information pertaining to the Closure Order contact the Smokey Bear Ranger District at 575-257-4096 or the Lincoln National Forest Supervisor’s Office at 575-434-7200. For Three Rivers Fire information, please contact the fire information line at 575-386-5077.
                  OUCH!!!

I've been seeing that fire listed on maps but never thought of a closing till December.

I've decided to go DIY and was concentrating very near there.

Not sure what to think other than plan and adapt to it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Slick8; 05-07-2021, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Got a good bull on camera at an undisclosed location in unit 37 NM. Pretty exited! Took some stills from the video. Probably going to put a couple more cameras out. Looking forward to September!
                    Attached Files

Comment

If he moves south let me know...[emoji2958]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

In the yard today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AD5AA317-6235-42E7-961C-AB600741D133.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	319.9 KB
ID:	24650345

Comment

Some impressive amounts of growth on those two bulls already. Only adds to the anticipation

Comment

Good looking elk already!

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                            In the yard today.

[ATTACH]1048966[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                              In the yard today.

[ATTACH]1048966[/ATTACH]
                              Beautiful bull!

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                                Beautiful bull!
                                Big fat town bull. Someday I’ll get to hunt here in September

Comment

Working...
                                X