No announcement yet.

Oklahoma Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can say hunting in OK is 100x better than hunting east Texas, you don't have to deal with the condense brush and the climate usually feels great

Comment

Hunting is great but if you are familiar with how bad acorns effect feeder hunting in Texas then multiply that exponentially for Oklahoma.

Comment

Lots of good advice. Especially acorns. If you like feeding corn broadcast it. Big deer in that area hardly come to feeders. I hunt in Kiowa 15 miles up 75. My uncle was a warden there and said coalfate produces the biggest deer consistently in SE Oklahoma. Hogs take over any feeder where I hunt. Not saying it will happen to you, but it probably will.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
          Hunting is great but if you are familiar with how bad acorns effect feeder hunting in Texas then multiply that exponentially for Oklahoma.

This X100. The other benefit up their is you can actually pattern the deer, it’s not nearly as much as a random pattern of here one day and gone for 3 weeks. I pick a deer and hunt him until I kill him or his granddaddy shows up pressing the temptation button to much. Buy a muzzle loader now and get set up, I kill my best bucks normally with the smoke pole. I’m lucky enough to have a lifetime Ok license so I fill all the tags on a couple different properties normally. The bears coming through tear the crap out of feeders so be prepared for that as well depending on exactly where your located.

Comment

I have 20 more years at Valero... congrats to your Dad and to you. Sounds like a heck of an area to hunt

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oklahoma Hunting

Just now being able to log back into my account on here. These are the 2 killed off our new place this past season. I only got to make it out to the ranch for 5 days of hunting this past season. Due to work and work..
              Will be back at the property in a week to update post with TC pics and property pics and videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those are some really nice bucks. Congrats!!!

Comment

Studs

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Some good deer, we ought land south of Seminole. Hoping some good deer are running around.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                          Some good deer, we ought land south of Seminole. Hoping some good deer are running around.

I was surprised. Very excited what the future holds we have a ton of good deer on camera as well.

Comment

Good deal, should be another good yr with the early rain we had

Comment

Originally posted by Matthewc131 View Post
                              i can say hunting in OK is 100x better than hunting east Texas, you don't have to deal with the condense brush and the climate usually feels great
                              It’s 105 today with an index of 114.

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
                                It’s 105 today with an index of 114.

Sheesh

Comment

Working...
                                X