P. I. F. F. (Pay It Forward Fishing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P. I. F. F. (Pay It Forward Fishing)

At some point in our lives many of us were blessed enough to have someone who cared about us teach us how to fish and start us on our adventurous fishing journey through life. I teach Aquatic Science in a high school in the Houston area and I ask my students each year if they have ever been fishing. Every year I am disappointed to see that an increasing number of youth have not been introduced to fishing.

I usually give some of my fishing gear to some well deserving students that have more interest in fishing than capability or equipment. I tell them stories of the fisherman who taught me to fish and I get to give them an example of how to "pay it forward" and charge them with doing the same for someone else someday.

This year was a little different as now my friends, Coworkers, fishing buddies, and family starting paying forward their used but functioning fishing equipment to be donated to students in need of fishing gear. More students were introduced to fishing in my class this year than ever before. It makes my heart proud to give them the opportunity to enjoy such a positive pastime.

I am hereby putting the green screen fishermen on notice. I have seen the size of the heart of the green screen and the good that comes of it. I ask that as you are going fishing and run across gear that still functions, find a youth who needs it and PAY IT FORWARD. Someone did it for you. It is only right and good to do so.

Please also share a story (and Pics) or two below in remembrance of the folks you owe your life's fishing story to, or maybe a story of someone that you already helped by Paying it forward to start them fishing.

If you can't find a needy youth, I will be collecting P.I.F.F. gear in the Katy area throughout the summer for next years students.

Be good people! Do good things!

Send me a PM with contact info. I have somethings I can bring to you. Nothing better than helping kids out.

Comment

I did something similar at humble high school back 20 years ago

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

PM an address where to send. I have some stuff I can send.

Comment

awesome. will do.

Comment

Shoot me a PM also

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Send me a PM with contact info. I have somethings I can bring to you. Nothing better than helping kids out.
              Pm sent. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Then you know the impact. Good on you for having done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  PM an address where to send. I have some stuff I can send.
                  Pm sent. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Shoot me a PM also
                    Pm sent. Thanks
                    Last edited by Matteo; 05-06-2021, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Given the story telling tendencies of fishing folks, I am a bit surprised nobody has told any stories of fishing mentors.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Did you teach at humble?

Comment

Originally posted by bobby314 View Post
                          Did you teach at humble?
                          No sir I was asked to do it . I was pretty good friends with the auto mechanic preacher

Comment

Working...
                          X