Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
    It’s already been infringed .
    Not even close, to what they want...............

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      We can’t get Constitutional carry in Texas

Why can’t we?

I know this case decision won’t give it to us, but it does help down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Why can’t we?

I know this case decision won’t give it to us, but it does help down the road.
        Huffman, seliger, patrick to start with

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
          Its kinda funny that some here like Trophy8 and Quackwhacker hate the NRA and espouse the faux 2A outfits like the GOA, etc. The NRA is the best at protecting our 2A, bar none. Any money donated should go to the NRA.
          oh sir please do some research. While the NRA is by far the largest lobby group that takes up 2nd amendment issues they are very free with your donated money and their take on the 2nd amendment becomes more liberal every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
            Huffman, seliger, patrick to start with
            exactly, I hope everyone that feels we should have CC has called Patrick and their Senator

Comment

Its kinda funny that some here like Trophy8 and Quackwhacker hate the NRA and espouse the faux 2A outfits like the GOA, etc. The NRA is the best at protecting our 2A, bar none. Any money donated should go to the NRA.

Can you elaborate on how the GOA is a “faux” 2A outfit?

Comment

Roberts may infect the others

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                  oh sir please do some research. While the NRA is by far the largest lobby group that takes up 2nd amendment issues they are very free with your donated money and their take on the 2nd amendment becomes more liberal every day.
                  Okay, then name one organization that has done more besides just bashing them.

Comment

theres never been anything more hypocritical than a Democrat taking an Oath of Office to Support the Constitution!

Their next move will be to add 4 seats to the Supreme Court, Make DC a state as well as Puerto Rico. Moving the Goal Posts one Liberal agenda at a time!

Comment

So because they've "done more" we're supposed to just blindly ignore what the NRA has become? Trusting one group to protect our rights is what has gotten us here in the first place. Glad to see someone took action and went to the supreme court instead of hoping the NRA got enough new members to talk a big game.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184
                        I absolutely hope this case goes in favor of the men bringing the lawsuit against New York and I think it would be a landmark decision if it goes favorably. I do not think it will quite get to the level of constitutional carry nationwide. Without reading the case yet, I am just guessing but the men only want the right to be issued a permit. If that is true that is all the ruling will be on.
                        I hope so too. My daughter is moving to Massachusetts and they also require a reason to seek a concealed carry permit (while simultaneously refusing to recognize reciprocity for any other states). This will be good for her.

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                        theres never been anything more hypocritical than a Democrat taking an Oath of Office to Support the Constitution!

Their next move will be to add 4 seats to the Supreme Court, Make DC a state as well as Puerto Rico. Moving the Goal Posts one Liberal agenda at a time!
                        Here’s what bugs me about this situation. Why can’t we as conservatives get out in front of this? Why don’t we educate these people so that the state looks as red as Oklahoma (I’d say TX but lately...)? Then if/when people started talking statehood, it wouldn’t be the dems.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post

Someone with common sense

Comment

I’ve asked you multiple times and I don’t ever recall you answering; what has the NRA done in the past 10 or even 20 years to kill any gun control legislation or overturn any gun legislation?

They don’t get to rest on their laurels and say what positive they may have done in the distant past. And even at that they have capitulated to some bad legislation going back to 1934 that I know of starting with the NFA.

So rather than being a hypocrite, why don’t you answer the above question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Overall at this point there isn't anyone that has done more, but there are several that are true 2A groups that are quickly gaining ground. The issue is the NRA has become a for profit business disguised as a non-profit. Just do some research is all I ask. Be informed.

Comment

I wish this great thread about a potentially landmark supreme court case hadn't turned into another debate about the NRA.

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                                That would be OK but I kind of doubt it.

If the men win their case, I think it will be a narrow decision to mandate “shall issue” a handgun license or permit.

I have read hundreds of court cases and many (or most) times they rule only on the question in front of them. I have not read the briefs in this case however it appears that the question in front of the Supreme Court will be, does a person applying for a license to carry a handgun have to show a good cause. The New York state law in question says that on an application for a concealed carry permit, the person must show a valid reason. The men are contesting why they have to show a valid reason.

I could see SCOTUS saying that is unconstitutional to require a person to show a reason to carry but will not strike down a state mandated background check and/or school.

While it is not quite what people call Constitutional carry, it is a huge step for states like New Jersey, New York and California which pretty much deny a person the ability to carry handgun for any reason.

The bottom line is that when SCOTUS makes rulings they usually answer the question in front of them only and don’t branch out into “what ifs”. I have read cases where they ruled against a person however they noted in the decision that had they been asked a different question, the results might have been different. In other words, we saw a pretty good argument that might have won your case but you never made that argument.

I absolutely hope this case goes in favor of the men bringing the lawsuit against New York and I think it would be a landmark decision if it goes favorably. I do not think it will quite get to the level of constitutional carry nationwide. Without reading the case yet, I am just guessing but the men only want the right to be issued a permit. If that is true that is all the ruling will be on.

In my opinion....
                                I agree with your analysis and anticipated outcome with one exception. Conservative jurists tend to rule as you stated and will likely only extend the ruling to the question at hand. The liberals on the court will take every opportunity to create broad and sweeping new legal doctrines that go well beyond the immediate question before the court. They have done it time and again over the years.

Comment

Working...
                                X