Storing Ratchet Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
    I roll them up and use some electrical tape to wrap around. No zipties, I'm not trying to bust them or cut them off. Tape works great and you can tape the tails when traveling.
    Same. I thought I was missing out with all the zip tie talk, but I like this rationalization. Sticking with elec. tape.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
      I roll mine up and use one of those bungees with the ball on the end.
      This is where I landed. Then when they are used I use the bungee to tie up the loose tails so they don't flap in the wind and fray. Then they go into a tub with a top until the next time they are used and thrown into the truck bed in a tangle.

Comment

I roll up small straps inline around buckle with both hooks hooked together...then to finish and secure ends...wrap remaining strap around/perpendicular to buckle and strap roll...tuck the last remaining end under previous wrap.

Some of my straps stay prepared length wise for commonly used loads. The hooks just get rolled up and left to lay flat and loose.

All go into labeled 5 gal bucket with lid in truck bed. Bungees, tow straps, ratchet straps go in the strap bucket.

I often wonder if Im wasting my time with taking time securing my straps. I always appreciate my fore thought the next time theyre needed.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
          Wad em up in a ball throw em somewhere in the tool box or bed of the truck, cuss and untangle them when you need them again like a real man.

Spot on lol no matter how many times I “organize” mine this is ultimately what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SefFpse8uGY"]Very Helpful Ratchet Strap Trick - YouTube[/ame]

Here you go....

Comment

I'm surprised some of y'all can wipe your own arse!
              Last edited by Traildust; 04-12-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                Most people carry a pocket knife...

Well keep cutting um. No one said u couldn't.

Comment

You roll them end over end in a nice tight "circle" and then you take that last foot or so of strap and wrap it across/around your circle and they stay nice and tight. Been doing it this way since I was in junior high... You can tell a lot about a man by how he handles his tow straps and how he stores his water hoses.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                    You roll them end over end in a nice tight "circle" and then you take that last foot or so of strap and wrap it across/around your circle and they stay nice and tight. Been doing it this way since I was in junior high... You can tell a lot about a man by how he handles his tow straps and how he stores his water hoses.
                    You can also tell alot about a man when u see them towing a polaris ranger or a 2k lb feeder in a trailer with 2 orange straps from Walmart doing 85 down the highway.

Comment

Retractable tie downs. Greatest invention since sliced bread.

Swear jar has been empty for 10+ years.

Comment

You can also tell alot about a man when u see them towing a polaris ranger or a 2k lb feeder in a trailer with 2 orange straps from Walmart doing 85 down the highway.
                        Dude, I saw that happen THIS WEEKEND in Lampasas and I about fell out of my truck laughing

Comment

I roll them up and keep them in an ammo can

Comment

I use four thank you very much!

And if I ever get time I am going to do this to all of mine:
                            Last edited by TX_Kevin; 04-12-2021, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post

http://youtu.be/h7GNFll7u58

That made me laugh, the 4pack special!! Thats enough for anything!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post

http://youtu.be/h7GNFll7u58
                                The comment under the video...
                                Some time back I purchased several Ratchet Straps. As I don’t have a tool box on my pickup I coiled them up neatly and put a rubber band around them and tossed in the bed of my truck.
                                Each time I used them I repeat this process.
                                Within a couple of weeks they disappeared; as I am not too bright I purchased several more straps rapped them neatly with a rubber band, tossed them in the bed of my truck and as you guessed within a couple of weeks they disappeared.
                                I learned my lesson so I purchased more straps and this time after I use them I tossed in the truck bed all tangled up and scattered, it’s been almost two years and they are still there.

Comment

Working...
                                X