• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTV- Kawasaki
    4wheeler- Yamaha or Honda

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      If you want the best of both worlds, Honda Pioneer 500 is a side by side that will fit in the back of a pick up bed and qualifies for Western trails in the mountain... Tons of power and a steering wheel instead of handle bars. I have a Honda Pioneer 1000-5. Had a 700-4. It's a Honda so that's all you need to know about reliability... That 1000 is a beast!
      There’s plenty of western trails in the mountains that allow full size UTVs. I’ve ridden all over NM, UT, CO, MT, ID, and WY. I rarely find a trail that is 50” limited these days. Still a bit in NM, but not as many as there used to be, and the rest of the states are well open to larger machines.

Comment

Honda Pioneer 1000. Get the 5 seat even if you don't need it. Its a rugged machine that is super sporty and **** fun to drive. I absolutely love mine! Go ahead and get the limited edition with the fox shocks and everything else and go play!

Comment

Look at the Yamaha Wolverine x2 or X4 very quit and 850cc under 60” wide. I have the X4 and love it
          Attached Files

Comment

Since you are in Tomball, East Texas Motorsports isn’t far from you in Lufkin. I bought my CanAm there, best price in East Texas for me and Justin Spies is the guy to deal with. I think they handle other brands also.

Comment

Got the Yamaha viking and love it. Zero problems

Comment

Other than the frame being loose, everything he had happen is spot on exactly what Im dealing with. I dont recommend Polaris at all. Weak made parts that fail way too soon.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5VlbpFEA34"]ONE YEAR LATER: Is the Honda still better than the Polaris? - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

One thing I love about my mule pro fxt is how smooth it shifts. I drove 2 different rangers this weekend (2019 1000, & a 2018 570) and both shift terrible. PIA to get into the correct gear. My uncle has a 2017 900 crew, and his shifts the same. He hates it. Must be a Polaris thing.

Love my Kawi!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Since you are in Tomball, East Texas Motorsports isn’t far from you in Lufkin. I bought my CanAm there, best price in East Texas for me and Justin Spies is the guy to deal with. I think they handle other brands also.
                    Yessir we handle. Polaris, CanAm, and Kawasaki. I assure you I am not a high pressure sales person! I will give you a NO BS price and can deliver to Tomball free of charge!

Comment

Do yourself a favor and drive a few before you buy. I have had too many die hard Honda guys trying to get out of their like new Pioneers, and they’re too upside down to do so.

Comment

Hard to beat a Kawasaki Mule Pro Fxt. Definitely the best riding utv I’ve ever been in.

Comment

There are some real nice Browning BSS SxS still on the market. Shop around [emoji6]

Comment

I have a 2018 Yamaha Viking. It’s a 3 seater, which easily accommodates 3 full size adults. Has a stabilizer handle/bar for the passengers that comes out in front of them and lets them hold onto something instead of just bouncing all over the place. It’s got about 300 miles on it and the only issue I’ve had is a blown fuse when it sat for 3 months with no activity. The dealership said they see it frequently because of how humid it is here in Texas and was corrosion related. I now carry spare fuses in the glove box on the Viking. It’s a beast of a UTV, tons of torque and get up and go. I also like the fact it doesn’t run on a belt so it eliminates the issue of belt slippage or heaven forbid belt breakage in the middle of nowhere. Since it’s been around for awhile, there’s quite a bit of aftermarket stuff for it. I went with Yamaha because it had the least amount of complaints that I found online. I kept seeing thread after thread of mechanical issues with the Rangers. Either people had no issues at all with them or they were inundated with nagging things breaking all the time. The Honda was getting complained on about the engine issues the guy mentioned in the video and also the crappy backseats. I have zero regrets on the Viking and it’s the best purchase I’ve ever made.

Comment

The viking does have a belt, the only machine without a belt is a honda.

Comment

We ended up with a CanAm Defender Max HD10.

We went to dealer that had them all. Drove the Mule, Ranger, and CanAm. We just thought the CanAm was way roomier and smoother than the Mule.
                                We ruled out the Ranger because, even though I liked them, friends and dealer said they are in the shop pretty regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X