Best Cajun food along I20 in Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Cajun food along I20 in Louisiana

Headed back to Delhi LA on Monday, and I’m looking for the best Cajun food along the route. I’ll be driving down I20 from West Texas all the way to Delhi. I don’t mind driving a bit out of the way, but trying to keep it with 20-30 miles of 20.

That’s not really Cajun country but there’s a lot of good restaurants in Bossier City that has good Cajun ( knock off)food.
    Last edited by Gumbo Man; 04-15-2022, 05:33 PM.

Comment

No Cajun food up that far north. You might as well be in Texas as far as food goes. Spent several months in Shreveport and couldn't even find cracklin.

Comment

Ponchatoulas in Ruston is about all I can think of.

Comment

Ralph & Kacoo's isn’t too bad but I wouldn’t really call it Cajun. I think their seafood gumbo is pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty much biscuits and gravy in that area.

Comment

Bergeron’s in Shreveport and Bossier

https://bergerons.com/bossier/

They sell boudin and crackins. Should have freezers full of smoked meats, stuffed pork chops, seafood items, and other Cajun meals
              Last edited by Cajun Blake; 04-15-2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                That’s not really Cajun country but there’s a lot of good restaurants in Bossier City that has good Cajun ( knock off)food.
                When you’re from West Texas just about anything will beat what we have out here lol I’ll take whatever’s the best available up that way.

Comment

Afraid you are on the wrong Interstate Cajun food. You need to be on I-10 in LA for Cajun food.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
                    Afraid you are on the wrong Interstate Cajun food. You need to be on I-10 in LA for Cajun food.
                    South of I -10. Get down in the swamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

They sell boudin and crackins. Should have freezers full of smoked meats, stuffed pork chops, seafood items, and other Cajun meals
                      Yep!! Cracklins and they’re smoked chicken wings are on point too!!

Comment

I have a good buddy from West Monroe and I always mess with him calling it south Arkansas. Plenty of good food up there, but I don’t know any Cajun places.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                          I have a good buddy from West Monroe and I always mess with him calling it south Arkansas. Plenty of good food up there, but I don’t know any Cajun places.
                          Ill take the closest thing available lol still beats what we get out west. Either way I think Blake’s recommendation is exactly what I needed. I’d be just as happy to buy some good boudin in quantity to throw in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Yes sir, took Blake’s word a few years ago and always stop in when coming home from Alabama.

Comment

Bergerons has good cracklings and boudin. There used to be a place that had good crawfish down on the river in Monroe…I think it was called Cormiers or something similar. Good crawfish and good Cajun spice for sale, I would stop there for some mud bugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X