Supressor order of operations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supressor order of operations?

Ready to get a supressor for my AR. I’m assuming a trust is the best way to go still. Do I setup the trust first or get the supressor and setup the trust while I wait for it to be processed?

Trust first it must be submitted with suppressor paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ordered the suppressor first which took a year to get and did the trust online once I placed the order for the suppressor and took them the trust paperwork once they called and said the suppressor was ready to pick up. They filled in the paperwork and did all the printing etc. required at my Gun store of choice

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

Comment

Just did all my needed items thru Silencer Shop…very easy
        I saw it recommended on here by several other TBH’ers

Comment

Silencer shop also does trust setup of many different variants so they're a one stop shop. But.. you have to do your own research and figure out what's best for your particular needs

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
            I ordered the suppressor first which took a year to get and did the trust online once I placed the order for the suppressor and took them the trust paperwork once they called and said the suppressor was ready to pick up. They filled in the paperwork and did all the printing etc. required at my Gun store of choice

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!
            Something isn’t right. You must send a copy of the trust with your form 4 for approval. Not after. I’m assuming you didn’t do a normal trust. And that you filed for the f4 as an individual?

Comment

Highly recommend you listen to the guy who owns silencer central on the recent exo mountain gear podcast. Their system is dialed. You don't even need to leave your house and they setup a trust for every customer for free.

Discover your favorite Podcasts from a variety of categories including Daily News, Music, Business, True Crime, Comedy, Politics and more. Listen to Podcasts on Pandora.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by LeanMachine; 03-20-2022, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Uh, did you pay another $200 stamp fee? The trust forms have to be submitted with the Form 4 if the NFA item is going to be owned by the trust.

You can buy it as an individual and then transfer it to a trust after approval but the trust must pay another $200 and wait for it to be approved all over again. You still get to maintain it in your possession while the new Form 4 is being approved but you do not have the protection and benefits of the of the trust until it’s approved.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                  Highly recommend you listen to the guy who owns silencer central on the recent exo mountain gear podcast. Their system is dialed. You don't even need to leave your house and they setup a trust for every customer for free.

Discover your favorite Podcasts from a variety of categories including Daily News, Music, Business, True Crime, Comedy, Politics and more. Listen to Podcasts on Pandora.

Thanks, I’ll give it a listen later today and do more research

Comment

Wish My new suppressor would come in but they are saying that it’s running 16 months right now guess I have a few months to wait on this one
                    Just a fyi heads up is all boyz

Comment

Just got mine waited 13 months.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post

That was a great podcast, thank you!

Comment

No just paid the $200 one time plus the trust fee to be drawn up.

Comment

No just paid the $200 one time plus the trust fee to be drawn up.

It doesn’t work that way. For your form 4 to be approved to the trust, a copy of that trust must accompany the form 4 from the very start to get approval. Not after.

Comment

Who is the go to attorney for a trust these days

Comment

Working...
                              X