Menard 2021/2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DK1555 View Post
    Are they having the dinner on Friday night before the opener?
    The Hunter's Blowout is on Saturday, November 6th at Club Victoria. I am planning to be there selling chances on a Ruger Max-9 and my book, EYES FRONT.
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

It was chilly this morning
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
        I don't know of anyone who will take them. There are so many hogs that we have overflowed the demand. Buzzards have to eat too.
        Adios,
        Gary
        Haha, figured but wanted to ask.
        Thanks

Comment

48 degrees in Menard at 1:00 PM today. Yesterday evening I had a nice 8 point tending a doe around my dog kennels and house. I guessed him at a three year old that would score around 125 Gross B&C. The recent rains and acorn crop has flushed the does and I am guessing this is why one cycled so early. I tried to photograph but he would not leave the security of the oak brush.
          Adios,
          Gary

Comment

We had about half an inch of rain on Wednesday but it has remained cloudy and cool so it is still pretty sticky out there. Going to be down in the 30's in the morning and I bet you see a little rutting activity.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

Outstanding morning. Broke the new Bayside BFR 44 in on two hogs. Both were at about 65 yards. Pass through on both with a hand loaded xtp. Shot the bigger sow first who fell instantly. About 2 minutes later the little boar came back and decided to take a dirt nap as well. Cleo road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good shooting Randy! If you have any mature deer your way, make sure you send a few over towards me.

I am heading out this afternoon. We will have a pretty quiet camp for the opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
                  Outstanding morning. Broke the new Bayside BFR 44 in on two hogs. Both were at about 65 yards. Pass through on both with a hand loaded xtp. Shot the bigger sow first who fell instantly. About 2 minutes later the little boar came back and decided to take a dirt nap as well. Cleo road.
                  Congrats.
                  Nice shooting iron.

Comment

I’m the only one in camp, but still going to cook!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      Good shooting Randy! If you have any mature deer your way, make sure you send a few over towards me.

I am heading out this afternoon. We will have a pretty quiet camp for the opener.

Haha. Will do. Seeing lots of movement but nothing to write home about.

Comment

Congrats Randy! Always nice to break a new gun in on some pigs.

Comment

Beautiful morning in Menard County...35 degree, calm and clear. Hope to see you Menard County hunters at the Hunter's Blowout this evening at 7:00 PM.
                          Good luck and Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

It’s very foggy South of Menard off Cleo Rd. The positive is it doesn’t sound like a war zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post

Good job! What’s your scope setup on that rig? I’m trying to decide red dot or scope for mine! Plan to get it set up and shoot something with it but likely 20yds or less!

Comment

I ran south of Menard to feed a couple of steers that are penned and returning about 8:30, had to wait on two different bucks chasing two different does across the Cleo Road. One 4 year old 10 point and the other about a 3 year old 8 point. Both had dark horns and fair mass.
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X