Menard 2021/2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Great news we picked up some rain. Farm Logs told me about a 1/2", but I have no idea how accurate that is part of the country. It was pretty dang close when it came to my North Texas place.

Gary,

It was great to meet you in FW at TTHA.
    I was a friend of Mr. Blackwell who started the company back in the 60's, I am guessing. He was such a nice guy and we always visited at the TTHA shows. He and Murry Burnham were two of the "Old Timers" when I first started attending the shows.
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

Plenty green this weekend. Got everything topped off plus alfalfa bales put out. Deer looked really healthy. Anyone have any shooters showing up yet?

Comment

53 degrees in downtown Menard this morning...
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
          Do any of y’all hunt off of 1773? Was wondering about that area of the county.
          Hey this is my first year to hunt in Menard we are right off of 1773. Bought a property on Elm Springs Ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
            Hey this is my first year to hunt in Menard we are right off of 1773. Bought a property on Elm Springs Ranch.
            Welcome to Menard County. Should have lots of deer and hogs down there and a few turkeys. If you need anything, give me a shout.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
              Welcome to Menard County. Should have lots of deer and hogs down there and a few turkeys. If you need anything, give me a shout.
              Adios,
              Gary
              Looking forward to it and will do I appreciate it!

Comment

Glad to be joining this thread. We just got a place off 29 couple miles east of town. Good luck this season

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                  Glad to be joining this thread. We just got a place off 29 couple miles east of town. Good luck this season
                  Welcome! And best of luck this season. I'm off Cleo Road/2291 about halfway between Menard and I10.

Comment

We are in The SE part of the county, and there is no more grass. Just dirt and a few dried blades. Crazy that folks are saying their place is green. Our place burned to a crisp this last month!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool this morning, about 53 in downtown Menard. Supposed to be about 51 in the morning, feels really good.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

We still had a decent amount of green around our place west of town. I had to weed eat around our stands and feeders.

Comment

West and Northwest of town has received more rain lately and is still green. Acorns are beginning to fall around the house but pretty spotty as there are parts of the county with very few.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by jhubbz View Post
                            We still had a decent amount of green around our place west of town. I had to weed eat around our stands and feeders.

Same for us west of town as well.

Comment

It was 45 degrees when I drove past the bank at 7:30 this morning. When I got to Compton's Warehouse, a buddy who lives about 2 miles west of town claimed to have 41 and when he hit the river bottom, had 40 reading on his pickup.
                              I was wearing a long sleeve cotton shirt and considered going back in the house for a jacket when I stepped out. Really felt good.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

A little south of you guys but in Kimble County north of Cleo my camera showed 39. I always check it against a LCRA weather station that is in the area and it showed the same. Pretty chilly for September!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X