Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$285 in Free Groceries for Every HISD Student

Go get some of your taxes back!

The United States Department of Agriculture is sending many families nearly $300, regardless of their income. Think of it as a second stimulus, but you have to use the money to pay for groceries.

Wow

Comment

"Think of it as a second stimulus". Translation: Think of it as taking from your neighbor to feed your own kids.

Why in the hell are we feeding kids in summer, that is mom and dad's job (That's rhetorical, I know why).

Comment

That’s any child that qualifies for free/reduced lunch in any school district. They sent the info out to parents in fort bend county also.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
          That’s any child that qualifies for free/reduced lunch in any school district. They sent the info out to parents in fort bend county also.

Sierracharlie out…

Someone didn’t read the article

Comment

“If you have a student who goes to an HISD school, you are eligible,” said Jarad Davis, HISD’s Director for Wrap Around Services. “Why? Because of a provision that we have, all HISD students receive free lunch. Regardless of your income, you’re eligible for this benefit. We don’t want anything to get in the way of you taking advantage of this benefit.”

Every student in these school districts can get the $285, no matter their family’s income.

We checked with Houston-area school districts. Some districts do not offer free breakfast and reduced lunches district-wide, but they have some schools within their district that offer every child the benefit. If your child attends one of those schools, they can get the $285 P-EBT card.

If your child goes to school in any of these districts, they are eligible for the card: Aldine, Alief, Angleton, Channelview, Damon, Houston and Huffman ISDs.

Comment

interesting

Comment

So if any school offer free breakfast/lunch to all students regardless of income are eligible?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  "Think of it as a second stimulus". Translation: Think of it as taking from your neighbor to feed your own kids.

Why in the hell are we feeding kids in summer, that is mom and dad's job (That's rhetorical, I know why).
                  I used to ask the same thing until I saw with my own eyes this is the only way some of these kids actually get a decent meal throughout the year.

Comment

I understand the kids that go to school just to get fed. I support that, but not everyone needs this. A lot of wasted money IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                      Someone didn’t read the article

Someone wasn’t talking about the article but the fact that in the district and surrounding districts I’m in (sw of Houston) it’s only those in the food assistance program.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        So if any school offer free breakfast/lunch to all students regardless of income are eligible?
                        We got $300...limited to what you can buy & wife used it on a bunch of food / snacks Kacie likes off amazon.

Every kid in our district receives the free grub regardless & all you had to do was request the card. Kacie didn't eat the free food so figured we paid way more than $300 into the system with our two kids the past 10 years or so if you include jr hi.
                        Last edited by Artos; 06-25-2020, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                          Someone wasn’t talking about the article but the fact that in the district and surrounding districts I’m in (sw of Houston) it’s only those in the food assistance program.

Sierracharlie out…

So you posted something completely irrelevant to the original post without providing any context? Sure.

Wasn’t trying to pick on you, was just obvious you didn’t actually read what he posted before replying.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            We got $300...limited to what you can buy & wife used it on a bunch of food / snacks Kacie likes off amazon.
                            Did you have to apply or did it just show up?

Comment

I don't have kids. I have paid thousands upon thousands in school taxes. Go get your $285 and whisper my name when you do it! Or scream it if you want to! Get it and give it to someone that needs it if you don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X